Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My name is Jon, i'm a avid car enthusiast and have been in the online/car community for quite a while. I'm definitely more of a bmw guy though, my previous cars include
BMW E46 325CI, Mercedes W209 CLK500 (still have it), BMW E46 M3, Porsche 911 996, BMW e92 335i, bmw e92 328i (still have it as well) and a w140 400sel. My mom drives a w221 s550 and both my parents are mercedes fans! :) I'm very active on many car forums so feel free to say hi if you recognize my name.

My girlfriend is in the market for a cla250, she currently drives a honda accord so i've been pushing for her to go euro for quite some time but finally found the perfect car to do it with!

We just test drove the cla250 today and we're both very excited, i actually didn't think i would like it that much but i ended up falling in love after test driving it! the dct shifting is almost as quick as it was in my m3!

so that's just a little about me! I'm located in socal orange county to be specific, originally from the Bay area.

Look forward to meeting all of you and learning a lot more about this great car.

:)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome aboard! Name is definitely familiar.

Great to hear that you got to finally test drive the 250. Guessing the car was sold by the time you got back to the dealer during the drive? :) What color was the demo vehicle?

Joe

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Welcome, Jon,
I'm a BMW - Porsche guy too. I'm waiting for the 45 to replace my BMW E92 w. Dinan tune that replaced my E46 M3. That is IF the 45 is not as harsh as the M3 was.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard! Name is definitely familiar.

Great to hear that you got to finally test drive the 250. Guessing the car was sold by the time you got back to the dealer during the drive? :) What color was the demo vehicle?

Joe
thanks for the welcome joe! they actually had tons of cla(s) on the floor for sale, but the dealership was packed with people, seriously never seen a dealership that busy before. i was able to see red, grey, white, black in person, we are probably going to go for the red or white one

Welcome, Jon,
I'm a BMW - Porsche guy too. I'm waiting for the 45 to replace my BMW E92 w. Dinan tune that replaced my E46 M3. That is IF the 45 is not as harsh as the M3 was.
thanks for the welcome, great choice in cars, the 45 is definitely something I look forward to seeing in person, seems like it has a lot of potential.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jon, I purchased the Jupiter red CLA250 this past Tuesday. I absolutely love it! I've gotten so many compliments on it. Your girlfriend will not be disappointed with it!

·
Registered
507 Posts
thanks for the welcome joe! they actually had tons of cla(s) on the floor for sale, but the dealership was packed with people, seriously never seen a dealership that busy before. i was able to see red, grey, white, black in person, we are probably going to go for the red or white one
I'd love to see a picture of the "tons of cla(s)" to be honest :) My calls to dealers here in NY are telling me "weeks" until they arrive. Perhaps you're getting them close to port or something? Boat arrive in Cali first?

Joe

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jon, I purchased the Jupiter red CLA250 this past Tuesday. I absolutely love it! I've gotten so many compliments on it. Your girlfriend will not be disappointed with it!
congrats on the new car! any pics? :)

I'd love to see a picture of the "tons of cla(s)" to be honest :) My calls to dealers here in NY are telling me "weeks" until they arrive. Perhaps you're getting them close to port or something? Boat arrive in Cali first?

Joe
really? that's crazy, i mean i know they're high in demand but I spoke to fletcher jones in newport beach (the one i went to) and mercedes of long beach (called them) and they both have a good amount in stock. when i went yesterday I would say I saw at least 10-15 on the floor, 2-3 reds, 2-3 whites, 2 blacks, and at least 2 greys. (the one i test drove was a fully loaded grey one) if i go back to the dealership I'll be sure to snap a pic for you

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone know if the car comes standard or if it's even an option to get keyless entry? (key in pocket for opening doors and push button engine start?) this totally slipped my mind until now

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It unfortunately is not standard or even an option for the CLA (I asked).

nooooo :(, thanks for the information though, that's very disappointing

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My name is Jon, i'm a avid car enthusiast and have been in the online/car community for quite a while. I'm definitely more of a bmw guy though, my previous cars include
BMW E46 325CI, Mercedes W209 CLK500 (still have it), BMW E46 M3, Porsche 911 996, BMW e92 335i, bmw e92 328i (still have it as well) and a w140 400sel. My mom drives a w221 s550 and both my parents are mercedes fans! :) I'm very active on many car forums so feel free to say hi if you recognize my name.

My girlfriend is in the market for a cla250, she currently drives a honda accord so i've been pushing for her to go euro for quite some time but finally found the perfect car to do it with!

We just test drove the cla250 today and we're both very excited, i actually didn't think i would like it that much but i ended up falling in love after test driving it! the dct shifting is almost as quick as it was in my m3!

so that's just a little about me! I'm located in socal orange county to be specific, originally from the Bay area.

Look forward to meeting all of you and learning a lot more about this great car.

:)
Welcome. I am in SOCAL. If you need any help on ordering the new CLA, service or repair of BMW and Mercedes. Please let me know. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts