Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have owned 3 Benzes over the years: an 86 300SDL W126; a 93 300E 2.8 (which we still own); and a 77 230. The best one we've ever owned is the big old diesel sedan... could cruise at 90mph, get 28-30mpg and the 4 of us were as comfy as one could imagine. The 93 300E is almost as nice and it's a tough choice for #1.

So, being here in Holland for a few weeks, visiting my wife's relatives, we took some time to visit the dealer in Uden and see their 2 CLAs out front. Wow!!! The CLA has great fit and finish, is roomy inside (and I'm 6'6" tall) and I can comfortably drive with someone in the seat behind me. It has a nicely sized trunk and the vision out the back is not as bad as I thought it would be.

We would have picked one up over here on our trip, but MBUSA would not make the arrangements (or, so our dealer told us). I will be checking with MBUSA once I return home, to see how I can get one with a Bluetec diesel and 6-speed manual transmission in the US. However, I am going to hold my breath. Worst case, we will order one for Euro pickup next Aug.

Anyone have any insight on getting a diesel model with 6-speed manual into the US?

Thanks for the forum...

Nick

·
Registered
945 Posts
welcome to the forum
those old 300SDL's were amazing, pretty much a TANK IMO. The fact that you still have it is evidence of how much of a tank they are, you just don't see many cars from the mid 80's on the road these days.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome to the forum I wish I could get a trip out in to Europe right about now. Did you get a chance to ride or drive in any of them?

·
Registered
507 Posts
We have owned 3 Benzes over the years: an 86 300SDL W126; a 93 300E 2.8 (which we still own); and a 77 230. The best one we've ever owned is the big old diesel sedan... could cruise at 90mph, get 28-30mpg and the 4 of us were as comfy as one could imagine. The 93 300E is almost as nice and it's a tough choice for #1.

So, being here in Holland for a few weeks, visiting my wife's relatives, we took some time to visit the dealer in Uden and see their 2 CLAs out front. Wow!!! The CLA has great fit and finish, is roomy inside (and I'm 6'6" tall) and I can comfortably drive with someone in the seat behind me. It has a nicely sized trunk and the vision out the back is not as bad as I thought it would be.

We would have picked one up over here on our trip, but MBUSA would not make the arrangements (or, so our dealer told us). I will be checking with MBUSA once I return home, to see how I can get one with a Bluetec diesel and 6-speed manual transmission in the US. However, I am going to hold my breath. Worst case, we will order one for Euro pickup next Aug.

Anyone have any insight on getting a diesel model with 6-speed manual into the US?

Thanks for the forum...

Nick

Welcome Nick!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Welcome to the forum I wish I could get a trip out in to Europe right about now. Did you get a chance to ride or drive in any of them?
i know right, i would even be happy test driving a CLA 180. lucky europeans are getting their CLA's before us, but it's expected.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Europeans usually get first hand in the Mercedes but its obvious why. I wouldn;t mind giving the CLA 180 ago just to see how the power is. Many mention it is gutless and is strictly for commuting.

·
Registered
507 Posts

Thanks for the forum...

Nick

@NickCLA did you ever end up getting a CLA?

Joe

·
Registered
118 Posts
welcome sir! wow if you can fit in a cla I have no excuses! haha

·
Registered
945 Posts
Worse case scenario people just get a racing seat that has them sitting lower :D

And you'll even save some weight getting rid of the heavy stock seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts