Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all,
My name is George and I'm from Greece. After being into Porsche world for quite some time now a new family member (my newborn daughter) made me consider buying another car that could be a little bit bigger in size. When I first saw the CLA I pretty much knew this is the car for me. Sporty looks, great quality, descent trunk volume and yet classy. I went ahead and put down a deposit for it. Mountain Grey CLA 200 with //AMG sport package, glossy black AMG rims and some other options that were important to me. I am looking forward to the day it's delivered!!

P.S. Already made my contacts for a software upgrade. My friend and tuner in Germany said its ECU is still password protected, but I am pretty sure he will sort it out soon... :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: Jonnymerc

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome George!

Would love to know more about the ECU enhancements your buddy has.. inquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome! Good to know you got serious and put a deposit down, cant wait to see pics of your new CLA once you take delivery of it.

And keep us posted on the ECU "hack" your buddy is working on

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much guys! I wll keep you posted regarding ECU reflashing, don't worry. My guess would be 180hp crank and 280Nm (210 ft lbs) of torque. It won't be a monster of course, but it'll certainly help! :)
Pics to come as soon as my car is delivered.

P.S. I think that Mercedes should have used a quite different engine for the CLA 200 comparing to CLA 180. So far all I know is that the difference is just a software.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the CLA Forums! Mountain Gray is currently at the top of my color list.
Thank you! Mountain grey on black AMG rims is an awesome combination for me. Also white on black AMG rims looks great too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello George, I am in athens Greece and I am in the same boat as you awaiting for my ordered cla 200.
My kid came 3 years ago when I had my e92 335i which I sold for a golf gti which turned out really practical but after seeing this new Merc I fell in love so sold my gti recently.

I would be VERY interested in the tuning department so please please keep us updated!

180bhp and 280NM sounds fine for now!

By the way I was having the color-riddle-headache for a couple of months and torn between MG and CW. I finally went for white... Lets meet and photo shoot the two beauties next to eachother once we get them :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hello George, I am in athens Greece and I am in the same boat as you awaiting for my ordered cla 200.
My kid came 3 years ago when I had my e92 335i which I sold for a golf gti which turned out really practical but after seeing this new Merc I fell in love so sold my gti recently.

I would be VERY interested in the tuning department so please please keep us updated!

By the way I was having the color-riddle-headache for a couple of months and torn between MG and CW. I finally went for white... Lets meet and photo shoot the two beauties next to eachother once we get them :)

welcome hskev!

·
Registered
186 Posts

welcome, since you said you're interested in the tuning part of things, here's a look what what we may see in a CLA in the future..... http://www.mercedesclaforum.com/forum/new-2014-cla-general-discussion-forum/2017-why-weistec-engineering-needs-tune-mercedes-cla.html

·
Registered
945 Posts
Does anyone know if the CLA200 engine is the same with the A Class 200?
I don't know for sure, wish I could give you engine codes, but the 200 makes about 150HP while the 250 is about 220HP. With that much of a power difference Im willing to bet they have different engines

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Hello Hskev! Congratulations on your choice! White would be a beauty! We should meet up sometime buddy.. ;)
Did you go with the AMG sport package or you just went with the stock looks?
I will keep you updated regarding tuning when I have news. Cheers!

Reactions: Hskev

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone know if the CLA200 engine is the same with the A Class 200?
Yes, I think it's the same engine. I don't know if they did any minor upgrades though...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes, I think it's the same engine. I don't know if they did any minor upgrades though...
im sure the intake configuration might be different, usually if the engines are the same but in different cars, a different air intake configuration is needed to make it all work and fit properly. might be some ECU tuning and maybe some fuel delivery tuning. I think we'll find out more about this as the CLA200 is in the hands of owners.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello Hskev! Congratulations on your choice! White would be a beauty! We should meet up sometime buddy.. ;)
Did you go with the AMG sport package or you just went with the stock looks?
I will keep you updated regarding tuning when I have news. Cheers!
I ordered the AMG with black wheels, xenon and night package to give that black and white looks together with the panorama roof. Did you also get the night pack? Are you in Athens as well? When are you expecting delivery?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ordered the AMG with black wheels, xenon and night package to give that black and white looks together with the panorama roof. Did you also get the night pack? Are you in Athens as well? When are you expecting delivery?
I chose AMG sport package with black rims, bi-xenon with intelligent light, Thermotronic (2-zone auto), 7G-DCT gearbox, darker rear windows with sun protection and some other stuff. Also park assist. I didn't like the black mirrors on mountain grey so I didn't go for the whole "night" package. I only picked some options from it. Also I chose the sunroof in the beginning, but then I canceled it. Not a good choice if you have a kid in the car as its use is a bit limited. Just my opinion. In other cars I had in the past I never used the sunroof here in Greece. So I avoided having it this time.
On white I am pretty sure the black mirrors would look awesome though. So you did very well that you went for the night package. Brilliant choice! Unfortunately my car will be delivered in December... Mercedes got more orders than planned. So production was a bit out of schedule. Looking forward to it, but I have to be patient for quite some time...

1 - 20 of 78 Posts