Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say a quick hello. I first learned about the CLA from the TV commercials but when I saw the AMG version at the NYIAS and the price I think I'm leaning towards that instead. I'm looking for my mid-life crisis car and this may be it.

Reactions: CLAJoe and Aidenn

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
CLA 45 AMG would be a perfect midlife crisis car :)

Or maybe the new 2 series M. That wouldn't be a bad option either.

·
Registered
945 Posts
CLA 45 AMG would be a perfect midlife crisis car :)

Or maybe the new 2 series M. That wouldn't be a bad option either.
Don't forget about the upcoming Audi S3 ;)

I'll love seeing the battle between the CLA45 AMG, BMW M2 & Audi S3.
Too bad it will be another year or more till all of these cars are out and ready for battle.

Only then can we see which one will be the best midlife crisis car :D

Got my money on the CLA45 AMG

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First to market is key. If MB can generate enough excitement with the CLA45 AMG then they may take away a good amount of potential S3 an M2 customers... except for the diehard Audi and BMW owners.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
welcome to the forum Tony, if you are serious about buying a CLA45AMG you better start contacting Mercedes Benz dealerships around you on putting down a deposit. CLA45 AMG's will be available by fall 2013. expect them to sell quickly, don't get left out!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the sudden welcomes but I've been around for nearly 2 months now. As for putting down a deposit on the AMG, as I have mentioned a couple of times before on other threads, I don't have a need to be the first on the block to have it, at least not at the expense of possible (although unlikely) buyers remorse. I would wait until after I test drive it first and then check out the offerings from BMW and Audi before I decide.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks for all the sudden welcomes but I've been around for nearly 2 months now. As for putting down a deposit on the AMG, as I have mentioned a couple of times before on other threads, I don't have a need to be the first on the block to have it, at least not at the expense of possible (although unlikely) buyers remorse. I would wait until after I test drive it first and then check out the offerings from BMW and Audi before I decide.
welcome tony!

·
Registered
945 Posts
good move on waiting to drive it rather than being in a rush to be the very first to own one. at least this way you'll really know if the CLA was the right choice. Are you going to test any other vehicles?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you going to test any other vehicles?
Absolutely. I'm planning on test driving the following: Acura TL SH-AWD with 6-speed manual transmission, Audi A6, BMW 5-series and M135i and Audi's equivalent when they come out, Lexus ES Hybrid, Infinity Q35 when it comes out, Toyota Avalon Hybrid, and the Honda Accord Touring. I've got a lot of driving to do.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Absolutely. I'm planning on test driving the following: Acura TL SH-AWD with 6-speed manual transmission, Audi A6, BMW 5-series and M135i and Audi's equivalent when they come out, Lexus ES Hybrid, Infinity Q35 when it comes out, Toyota Avalon Hybrid, and the Honda Accord Touring. I've got a lot of driving to do.
Man, that's a lot of test drives..

You in an area with automotive parks so you don't have to go driving all over to try these all out? :)

Big variety of vehicles there too. Some auto, some hybrid, some sporty..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Without reminding myself that I am here to talk about the new CLA and am trying to convince myself it's a great idea, the TL is a great car.. I have had nothing but good times with mine. Wife in the back included.... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, that's a lot of test drives..

You in an area with automotive parks so you don't have to go driving all over to try these all out? :)

Big variety of vehicles there too. Some auto, some hybrid, some sporty..
GThat's right, Joe. I'm all over the map which is why I have a tough time deciding and also why I'm not putting a deposit down on anything.

·
Registered
507 Posts
GThat's right, Joe. I'm all over the map which is why I have a tough time deciding and also why I'm not putting a deposit down on anything.
Makes sense.

Well, if we can help you narrow that down let me know. I've had a hybrid vehicle before and had some positives/negatives, but it was a Ford Escape, so I don't know if it's a fair comparison.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have tested the Avalon Hybrid if you want thoughts on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts