Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting everyone. I just put in an order for a white CLA45 AMG with perforated leather black red cut with all options except for the panoramic sunroof, as I don't like the flex.

This car will be my wife's DD replacing her current CLK500. We are very excited about this car.

The dealer doesn't know when the car will arrive but their guess is Oct/Nov timeframe.

Cheers!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome qhb!

Reactions: qhb

·
Registered
945 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

Being a daily driver, i think the panoramic roof would improve the overall daily driving experience, your wife might love it.

Since the CLA45 AMG will be your wife's, what are you driving?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum,

Being a daily driver, i think the panoramic roof would improve the overall daily driving experience, your wife might love it.

Since the CLA45 AMG will be your wife's, what are you driving?
I sat my wife in a car with panoramic roof and she didn't like it. I do like the blackout look so I will wrap the top with carbon fiber finish to match the instrument.

I drive a Yellow 2013 Porsche Boxster S.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Greeting everyone. I just put in an order for a white CLA45 AMG with perforated leather black red cut with all options except for the panoramic sunroof, as I don't like the flex.

This car will be my wife's DD replacing her current CLK500. We are very excited about this car.

The dealer doesn't know when the car will arrive but their guess is Oct/Nov timeframe.

Cheers!!!
Welcome ghb.

Wow you guys are getting rid of the CLK500. Why the change from rwd? That thing is a beast I remember it when it made its debut. Lucky you to order the CLA 45. good choice in the interior.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome ghb.

Wow you guys are getting rid of the CLK500. Why the change from rwd? That thing is a beast I remember it when it made its debut. Lucky you to order the CLA 45. good choice in the interior.
We haven't decided to sell or not to sell the CLK500 as I am still torn about it.

I have a 98 Lexus GS300 with 270K miles for me to use when I need to go into the hoods (LA :D) so I may donate the Lexus and keep the CLK500.

Selling the CLK500 to get about $15K help but nothing feel or sound like a proper V8. About the Lexus, I put in lots of mods to the GS300 (TRD suspension, wheels, ECU flash) so I really like the car and the car showed no sign of slowing down and really cheap to up keep... Help me, I can't decide!!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Welcome ghb.

I agree, I would never get rid of a CLK, they are pretty much iconic cars in my books. Plus lets not forget how hard they are to find!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thus far you guys gave me two votes to keep the CLK. Wow, your opinions helped alot. Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oh yeah the CLK500 was a gem for its time. I still love those things. The look never aged it could still be passed as one of the new line ups for those who arent paying attention. In a way though going to the CLA might be a slight downgrade. Just slightly...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Finally someone here who understands why you wouldn't want a sunroof on a performance car. Here here!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I doubt it will make that much of a difference for most people since most wont be going to the track. Driving on the street and highway it wont be much different

·
Registered
433 Posts
I doubt it will make that much of a difference for most people since most wont be going to the track. Driving on the street and highway it wont be much different
The highway no. On the streets yes. I don't care much for track days, but a fun twisty mountain road? I do that all the time. You can tell when there's a sunroof. The sunroof is noticeably heavier than a normal roof AND there's less rigidity (the creaking I don't like is a sign of that). Anyone who has driven the hardtop and hardtop+sunroof version knows the feeling. It's not as bad as a convertible, but it is noticeable and unnerving when you take a hard corner and the chassis flexes and leans into one side more than you would think. At least it's not RWD. That'd make the lack of top rigidity even more pronounced.

After all, why would you buy an AMG if not for the sporty driving? Especially AMGs which are known as psychopathic cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, you are right as most people won't be going to the track. But I do take my car to the track. Here is the picture of my wife with her CLK and she's really looking forward to bring the CLA45 instead

1 - 16 of 16 Posts