Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Germany. Just ordered a '14 CLA- Mountain Grey, sport package, leather, w/ all options. We pick up the car 8 Dec from the plant in Sindelfingen, GE. The wife and I are stoked.

Excited about this forum!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Welcome. I will be in Germany in early October. Hopefully I'll see some on the streets so I can get a better look at it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hello from Germany. Just ordered a '14 CLA- Mountain Grey, sport package, leather, w/ all options. We pick up the car 8 Dec from the plant in Sindelfingen, GE. The wife and I are stoked.

Welcome,

It will be pretty sweet to be able to pick up your new CLA from the plant it was built at. Was picking it up at the plant an option?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Welcome,

It will be pretty sweet to be able to pick up your new CLA from the plant it was built at. Was picking it up at the plant an option?
It is with cars built in Germany. I think it is called the European Delivery option. You pick it up, drive it around the country, stay at a nice hotel, and then they ship the car to you.

Reactions: AMG

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
It is with cars built in Germany. I think it is called the European Delivery option. You pick it up, drive it around the country, stay at a nice hotel, and then they ship the car to you.
that's pretty sweet, sure beats the traditional way of taking delivery of a car you paid for

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
that's pretty sweet, sure beats the traditional way of taking delivery of a car you paid for
The only draw back is after driving it for a while in Europe and you can't wait to drive it at home, you'll have to wait a couple of weeks before you get it as it takes that long for it to arrive depending on where you live in the US.

·
Registered
507 Posts

Welcome MBTex!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only draw back is after driving it for a while in Europe and you can't wait to drive it at home, you'll have to wait a couple of weeks before you get it as it takes that long for it to arrive depending on where you live in the US.
There is no delivery. I live but 2 hrs from Sindelfingen so I pick it up directly from the plant and drive it home the same day. :D

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
There is no delivery. I live but 2 hrs from Sindelfingen so I pick it up directly from the plant and drive it home the same day. :D
I don't know much about the geography of Germany but I will be in Munich in about a month. Is the plant anywhere near there?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts