Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
No. To be honest, if I had to put it on a 10 point scale and rate is in comparison to every other car out there (which is what you're doing when you put it on a scale), I'd probably rate it lower. As a functional car the CLA is a pretty poor choice. It's small, has a poor rear seat, is rather underpowered, and its engine doesn't match the body. It's like the Duck Dynasty guys wearing an Armani suit. The bodywork and engineering gone into it (Cd 0.23) blows away what is under the hood.

But then again, nobody buys a Merc using a ledger. People like that buy Hyundais and Toyotas. Which is why I think its rather dumb to quantify the CLA. You don't buy a CLA using only your brain. You buy it because your heart overruled your brain. I can rationalize to myself all I want about performance numbers, most powerful engine per liter, (relatively) low price, nice curves, etc (I'm buying a CLA45), but realistically I know I bought it because I wanted it, not because after I went through the specs line by line I rated it 0.2 above another car.

Caveat, I've never read one of their reviews before now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts