Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2014 for about a year. The car shudders and hesitates from a stop after the engine kill in eco mode. This is similar to the Prius my wife drives. When i had my car in for Service A last week, they gave me a 2015 as a loaner which did not have the hesitation and shudder. I asked if there had been a software update to address this but nobody at my dealership knew of one. Any thoughts? Similar experience?

·
Registered
433 Posts
My CLA45 does that, but it's not any different than any other ECO start stop (after all, you are literally starting the engine again). I've been in bigger Mercs (C's and E's) with ECO start stop and don't notice the shudder as much, but there's also not much shudder when I start the car (there's less shudder in general from a cold start but that makes sense). I just put it down to less shudder with more mass and refinement. Also if you lift off the brake and go right to the gas (which I do sometimes since I drive two footed) it'll cause more shudder since I'm pushing the gas before the engine revs up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts