Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone from just outside of Miami, near Plantation FL. Electrician by trade, own my own company, and saw the CLA on a auto blog recently. I am thinking it will help me with some of the larger houses i wire up to have a slick looking vehicle. I realize it's not about the car when doing electrical but you'd be surprised how petty some people can be.

I drive a Ford Fusion and would consider this a significant "trade-up".

Jim

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome Jim! Would definitely be a step up, and I'd be super impressed if my electrician showed up in a CLA :) Were you thinking the 250? I assume a lighter color as it must be hot as a fox in a forest fire down there in the summer!

What year fusion?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2009 Ford Fusion. white.. yes, it's hot as heck here.

I was thinking the 250 yes. I don't think I would go for anything higher in price. I want to put my toe into Mercedes not my entire leg. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jim.

A word for the wise: I was once in a traveling sales position with a flashy car, and I got the impression that some of my clients thought they were paying me too much. After all, that flashy car is getting paid somehow by their orders! Switching to a more modest car made it appear that I was not making as much, and made my promises that they were getting "the best deal, I can't go any lower" more convincing.

Now, that may not apply in your situation, and I think the Mercedes CLA will be a great car to own. But perhaps it will be best in addition to your Fusion. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum Jim.

A word for the wise: I was once in a traveling sales position with a flashy car, and I got the impression that some of my clients thought they were paying me too much. After all, that flashy car is getting paid somehow by their orders! Switching to a more modest car made it appear that I was not making as much, and made my promises that they were getting "the best deal, I can't go any lower" more convincing.

Now, that may not apply in your situation, and I think the Mercedes CLA will be a great car to own. But perhaps it will be best in addition to your Fusion. ;)
Good point. I have thought about whether a low end car would be better.. but I'm near Miami. The Miami crowd seems to care more about bling than they do about quality. I fear I'm losing contracts because I'm not being flashy enough.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Ford Fusion is a nice car. Nice styling, and great quality build and features. My only issue is the automatic transmission doesn't seem to be very good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts