Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is John I live in the UK and like all of you love the CLA which will be my next car ,In the UK we can only get the 180 petrol or the 220 diesel at the moment

I currently drive a C CLASS 125 edition which is now 2 years old I have had from new it's my 2nd merc

It's been very interesting on this forum reading all your thoughts on the CLA

Kind regards John ( jonnymerc ) :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forum John! Some of us like yourself have owned several Mercs, while others are brand new to the marque with this entry-level Benz. I'm looking forward to seeing the community grow with all of the newcomers. There should be many C-Class owners like yourself joining us.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks HermanE320
For your kind welcome like you I feel this forum will grow and grow but in the UK there is a lot of negativity for the CLA

They say it looks too bulky at the front end and the wheels don't fill the arches of course I disagree

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome aboard Jonnymerc!

Reactions: Jonnymerc

·
Registered
507 Posts
Would you go for the diesel or petrol if you go for the CLA?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would go for the 220 diesel AMG SPORT from the 2 choices with are getting in the UK

I drive a petrol C CLASS at the moment
Nice. I've never driven in the UK, are diesel stations easy to find, and how much per gallon (liter?)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Every petrol station in the UK sells diesel Joe diesel cars are very popular in the UK not to sure on price I have never had a diesel always petrol

I think petrol and diesel prices are pretty much the same in the UK now just a few years ago diesel was always much cheaper than petrol

·
Registered
507 Posts
Every petrol station in the UK sells diesel Joe diesel cars are very popular in the UK not to sure on price I have never had a diesel always petrol

I think petrol and diesel prices are pretty much the same in the UK now just a few years ago diesel was always much cheaper than petrol
Lucky you.. a lot of stations around here don't offer diesel, so it's hard to get.. although it is becoming more common!

What color were you thinking for your CLA?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had my C CLASS serviced 2 weeks ago , just happened to ask the sales woman do you have the new CLA

She went off to find out after a while she came back yes we have the 2 models round the back do you want to have a look

I said you bet , they were both in mountain grey the 220 AMG SPORT. Looked fantastic with the black and silver AMG wheels

So to answer your question Joe mountain grey

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just to add, she said give me a phone call at the end of July after my holidays to the gran canaria

And you can have the 220 for a day no charge I nearly gave her a kiss so that's in my diary

·
Registered
507 Posts
Just to add, she said give me a phone call at the end of July after my holidays to the gran canaria

And you can have the 220 for a day no charge I nearly gave her a kiss so that's in my diary
Wow.. nice deal..

I can't believe they're giving you a car for a day for free. Do they come with you or is it just a free comp deal?

Was she cute? :)

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts

Welcome to the club John!

so jealous I want one for a day lol. So when are yo gonna end up with it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks BenzinoXL for your kind welcome

End of July after my holiday I will be giving her a call we have built a very good relationship she has sold me my last 2 mercs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow.. nice deal..

I can't believe they're giving you a car for a day for free. Do they come with you or is it just a free comp deal?

Was she cute? :)
Hi Joe no they don't come with you , I think it's something they do , I have a very good relationship with my Benz dealership and I think they do this for some customers I would imagine they see as a good business deal hoping I sign on the dotted line when I bring it back

Yes she is very cute

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hi Joe no they don't come with you , I think it's something they do , I have a very good relationship with my Benz dealership and I think they do this for some customers I would imagine they see as a good business deal hoping I sign on the dotted line when I bring it back

Yes she is very cute
Wonder how far you could drive .. take the chunnel (can you drive under that?) and go to Paris with the car? .. and if she'd drive with you :) Romantic night in paris in your free car!

·
Registered
507 Posts
What would the wife say ? Not much she would just kill me LOL :)
True, true....

Well, it's great to have ou aboard! When are you thinking of going to the dealership, we'd love pics of the vehicle (not the woman!) speaking for myself of course.

Joe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The end of July Joe , maybe start of August I work at a school as a caretaker I don't know if you call them that in the US but they break up at the end of July for the school holdays so will be on holiday myself for 4 weeks so will pick a day then

But will take plenty of pictures and put some on this forum and make you all jealous lol :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts