Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Since they both start with the letter "C", I'm sure some might be rather confused. Where does the new CLA stand with the other classes offered by Mercedes? And really how does the CLA compare to the C class, What are the differences?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Pricing and engine will match the C250 the best. There is a C180/200/220/250 CDI that could compete with the CLA CDI models.

You might be able to still find some new C180 CGI Blues if you look for 2012 models. It's a 1.8L which puts out 154hp and 184 torque

The C200 CGI Blue is still available in some parts of the world which has a 1.8L that puts out 181hp and 200 torque.

The C250 CGI Blue is likely the best competitor to the CLA250 which comes with a 1.8L tuned to 200hp and 230 torque.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

Sorry to wake up this thread but I wonder if I should buy a C180 coupé or a CLA 250 ?

I have only this choice where I live in Asia, so what would you do ?

I really like the C180 coupé but it is not so powerful.

The problem with the CLA is that it's not a real coupé, but I like that it's a new car.

Can I know your opinion ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I would go for the CLA.

Even if its not a coupe its a nicer looking car, has more power, I like the interior more.

Did I say it looks better? :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree that the CLA looks better than the current C-Class, but the future C-Class that's in development at the moment..... i don't know...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I hear that from a ride/handling perspective, in comparison to the C-Class, the CLA has better grip and better drag coefficient---of course fuel economy as well.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I'll wait till the real one is revealed. The new designs are nice but the CLA also falls along the design of the new Mercedes vehicles. Its just preference really. But the existing C class is just out dated in design.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts