Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious. I have an older friend who commented that he was concerned about this in the CLA45 since in the past he had issues with low power engines with large turbos and the AC being very weak (one of the reasons he has held off on ordering this car). Is that an issue any of you have noticed now that summer is underway? I guess the issue would be more during stop/start city driving and cruising down the highway, when most of the horsepower is used to go forward but you're not engaging the turbos for extra power.

·
Registered
24 Posts
no issues with the AC for me... if you do ECO mode it will turn it down when you're stopped at a light. So if you don't care for that, turn off ECO mode. I find the AC works just fine.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's good to know about the ECO mode (which makes sense since the engine stops). I was mainly curious. I would've been surprised if a Merc ran into an issue like I mentioned, but it is a relatively small engine that (at base) produces very little bhp even with a turbo, so I was curious. And because the friend was quite paranoid about this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts