Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To bring up an old topic, to get an idea on the wait times. If you could post when you ordered your CLA45, when you got it or when you expect it, and where you are (what country). I've been supposedly in the #1 spot in the queue at my dealer for a little over two months after moving up roughly one spot a month since I put in an order for one at the end of September. I'm in the US.

·
Registered
12 Posts
(I just posted this in the any CLA45s in Canada thread but I think it makes sense here too)

I am in Toronto Ontario Canada.

Original Order:
October 28th, 2013

Original Delivery date:
March 15th 2014

Update as of Today: New Delivery date "Between June-August 2014" As a result of high demand for this vehicle, more were purchased than Mercesed could build in 2013 therefore a que has been started at my specific delaership and I am # 7. (Midtown Mercedes Toronto)

·
Registered
31 Posts
To bring up an old topic, to get an idea on the wait times. If you could post when you ordered your CLA45, when you got it or when you expect it, and where you are (what country). I've been supposedly in the #1 spot in the queue at my dealer for a little over two months after moving up roughly one spot a month since I put in an order for one at the end of September. I'm in the US.

I ordered mine in feb 2013 and i am supposed to get it in feb of 2014. i am in NYC. My order was:

Cirrus white
night styling package
AMG sport exhaust
red brake calipers
multi media package
premium 1
pano roof
black ash wood
AMG steering wheel
black 19 inch rims

i am excited for Feb. been waiting long enough for this car. i am the #1 spot in mercedes of manhattan. just had to wait for the nsp to become ready

·
Registered
14 Posts
Beginning to wonder

I placed the order at the Knoxville, TN dealer in June and was told i was first on the list. Seems like I've gotten nothing but excuses for the delay and beginning to wonder if some of their "buddies" have been moved up. They supposedly haven't gotten any 45's yet while Nashville has gotten at least 3 already...Makes one wonder.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
furby,
I can top your story. I placed order & deposit in Apr. I was "#5 or 6", but was told that historically about half dropped out. By Dec. #1 was about to be delivered, and I was #3 with Mar.-Apr. delivery, still no PO#. Latter part of Dec. #2 dropped out, and I'm #2 with PO# and MAY build. I've just been told that I have a March build.

If you do not have a PO# and build date, start shopping other dealers today. I would bet that you will find one with a reasonable build date. I really think that the "early adaptor" market has been absorbed. "Unsold allocations" of the 45 at every dealer in the country are available to any salesman who looks, but I doubt that many stores would trade their allocation away. Sales & Service are two very distinct departments; Service will be happy to service your car - wherever you bought it. (But that is not quite what a salesman will tell you.)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Order placed 09/2013 from a large dealer in Newport Beach, CA. Finally have PO and expect delivery at the end of February or early March 2014.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like it's all over the map, huh? Well I guess some of the stories here make me feel hopeful. I had planned on 6 months irregardless of what the dealer said, but it was a bit surprising that I moved up the queue relatively quick only to stall out. I wonder if I were like the only person in some rural part of Montana I'd have mine within a couple of months since I'd probably be one of two in the entire state to order one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The '45 is obviously a sweet car but if you've tried out the new Z51 Stingray...it puts things in a whole new perspective..They're not golden by any means...

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I'm tempted to wait for the '15 C400...Looks like an awesome car and less money.
That sounds like a good idea if you want a sedan. The '45 is a coupe with all its compromises.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Hey guy...the last time I checked, the 45 is a four door sedan. A coupe would be interesting...
They meant a 4-door coupe, not a typical 2-door coupe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
any of you guys worried with these long wait times you're going to fall for something other than the 45?

I have ventured out to tour a few lots somewhat out of boredom and also to just get an idea of what else is out there at the 45 price point. I was so excited for the 45 I didn't bother shopping around before putting my deposit down.

I have to admit IMO.. there is nothing else out there that can touch this car. For what I am looking for, this car has everything.

When I have those really annoyed moments of waiting, I just call the dealer and request another test drive. I am then instantly reminded as to why I am waiting.

·
Registered
79 Posts
theres alot of car that can be had at the 45's price point or even below. Not for anything but I've been kinda feeling the new Chevy SS. Its basically a 4 door camaro, RWD, big v8 and a usable rear seat ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Order placed 09/2013 from a large dealer in Newport Beach, CA. Finally have PO and expect delivery at the end of February or early March 2014.

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE GUYS ! they will try to rip your head off on the back end of your deal. Get up to speed on interest rates and or money factors if your leasing. I wanted to, and tried countless times to buy from them...... they are not willing to discount ANYTHING! Ended up going to Anaheim, better group of people!

·
Registered
25 Posts
WATCH OUT FOR THOSE GUYS ! they will try to rip your head off on the back end of your deal. Get up to speed on interest rates and or money factors if your leasing. I wanted to, and tried countless times to buy from them...... they are not willing to discount ANYTHING! Ended up going to Anaheim, better group of people!
The car is done 2 days ago and waiting for a boat. Thanks for the heads up about the dealer, beside the rates/money factor, do you think it's possible to negotiate a discount on AMG45?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
any of you guys worried with these long wait times you're going to fall for something other than the 45?
No. This is more a toy for me. I'm in no need for a new car anytime soon and have patience. None of the other cars that are in the price range have what I'm looking for, even when factoring the Audi and BMW soon to be out (though the reason against those two are a lot more subjective). If anything if it takes too long I may go for the last of the current gen C63 before they switch to the new one. As much of a gas guzzler it is I do love that 6.2 V8 and am much more of a fan of the current C than the new C.
The car is done 2 days ago and waiting for a boat. Thanks for the heads up about the dealer, beside the rates/money factor, do you think it's possible to negotiate a discount on AMG45?
I don't know of anyone who has been able to negotiate a discount. I've had no luck. The only discount I'm getting is the executive allowance, which I already had to begin with.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts