Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get an idea of how much over or below MSRP you guys paid for your cars. I test drove a cla250 just a few hours ago and am pretty serious about getting one but I don't want to get ripped off, the dealer i went to was firm on MSRP, I only want the lighting package but that's besides the point for this thread :)

so what did you pay for your CLA? what packages did you get? let's say pretax and pre-fees.

I was quoted $31,675.00 for a white exterior black interior car, only option is the bixenon headlights. that is exactly what MSRP is, dealer is fletcher jones newport beach. :) hopefully this thread can help me and potential other buyers make sure they are getting a fair deal!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hers is a link to build your own CLA250.

Mercedes-Benz - Home of C, E, S, CLS, CL, SLK, SL, R, GLK, M, GL, G Class

I special ordered a CLA at a cash sale of $1000 over Invoice. The dealer took my offer fairly quickly so there may have been some more savings in there if I pushed it; but probably not. They actually showed me the MSRP and the invoice of a couple of CLAs they had just received. Not a huge profit over invoice for the dealer but you have to remember he gets an approximate 3% holdback and my dealer gets a factory $700 regional ad fee from Mercedes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hers is a link to build your own CLA250.

Mercedes-Benz - Home of C, E, S, CLS, CL, SLK, SL, R, GLK, M, GL, G Class

I special ordered a CLA at a cash sale of $1000 over Invoice. The dealer took my offer fairly quickly so there may have been some more savings in there if I pushed it; but probably not. They actually showed me the MSRP and the invoice of a couple of CLAs they had just received. Not a huge profit over invoice for the dealer but you have to remember he gets an approximate 3% holdback and my dealer gets a factory $700 regional ad fee from Mercedes.
thanks, i already went and built my own prior to going into the dealership. I just want to get a feel on what people are actually paying

·
Registered
507 Posts
There are a couple of dealers on the board too that can give you some ideas of price, that may help out a bit too.

From what I've heard from my Benz contacts though the pricing is hard to negotiate down. High demand, low supply.

Joe

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a couple of dealers on the board too that can give you some ideas of price, that may help out a bit too.

From what I've heard from my Benz contacts though the pricing is hard to negotiate down. High demand, low supply.

Joe
that would be great! yea that's the feeling i'm getting as well, we really want the car now but if waiting a few months is what it takes to get a better deal we might just have to do that

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi guys, I have another question- hope you guys don't mind and can chime in

if we WAIT to get a cla250 how long do you guys think it will take until they are willing to drop prices to get rid of inventory? I mean i'm guessing it's going to be a while.. few months at least? 6 months? more? also since I only want the lighting package, is there really an advantage if I wait? the whole point dealers drop prices is to get rid of excess inventory correct? so unless they coincidentally have a car in my color and with only lighting package they want to get rid of I most likely will end up with a car with packages I don't want and just get a "better" deal on that vehicle right?

my toss up right now is to pay msrp for the car now or to see if it's worth it to wait, and if I do wait will I even be saving money? (ie: I end up with a car that was originally msrp 38K and get it for 36K as opposed to paying 34K right now for the car I want) in the end I still would have paid 2K less, maybe I get less options but I didn't need those to begin with.

sorry for the long paragraph but I've been doing a lot of thinking recently on whether waiting is smart

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I have a feeling you might end up waiting more than 6 months for the price to be coming down or even negotiable. The way I see it right now it is a hot car. If you wait long enough for the 2 series to makes it debut, you might even see more of a price decrease in the CLA to get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a feeling you might end up waiting more than 6 months for the price to be coming down or even negotiable. The way I see it right now it is a hot car. If you wait long enough for the 2 series to makes it debut, you might even see more of a price decrease in the CLA to get the ball rolling.
thats exactly how I see it, it's how it usually is with any high demand car
let the hype and sales die down then make a move to get a better deal if you can wait.

i know i can't wait, i rather buy in as soon as i can.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats exactly how I see it, it's how it usually is with any high demand car
let the hype and sales die down then make a move to get a better deal if you can wait.

i know i can't wait, i rather buy in as soon as i can.
thanks for your input guys! looks like we may pull the trigger soon then! going to order one for delivery probably since they probably won't have one we want on the floor

·
Registered
945 Posts
thanks for your input guys! looks like we may pull the trigger soon then! going to order one for delivery probably since they probably won't have one we want on the floor
Good call :)
Plus if you wait there a chance you might have to wait even longer to get your CLA, just saying, you never know what goes on. Getting in early, NOW, just makes your chance of avoiding a delay that much better.

Time to think about winter tires.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good call :)
Plus if you wait there a chance you might have to wait even longer to get your CLA, just saying, you never know what goes on. Getting in early, NOW, just makes your chance of avoiding a delay that much better.

Time to think about winter tires.
haha yea you're right, winter tires? what's that mean? :D I live in socal

·
Registered
507 Posts
For sh*ts and giggles one of us should try having TrueCar beat the price on the dealerships MSRP. Demand or not their commercials claim you can save money.

Can you tell I just saw that commercial? :) Go Fox!

Joe

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For sh*ts and giggles one of us should try having TrueCar beat the price on the dealerships MSRP. Demand or not their commercials claim you can save money.

Can you tell I just saw that commercial? :) Go Fox!

Joe

lol i just checked truecar and it gave me a price higher than the dealer's msrp

·
Registered
433 Posts
You could always opt for European delivery and get a (mostly) free one day vacation to Stuttgart and 7% off MSRP.

If you know someone who has access to the Executive Allowance that'll allow you to knock $1000 off.

On a side note I think Mercedes is really trying to move C classes too. The allowance went up from $2k to $2500 this year. They no longer give anything for the SL's though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jupiter Red CLA, Black MB-Tex, Panorama Roof, Bi-Xenons, Rear Spolier, Premium Package, Multi Media Package. MSRP $38,125. I paid $36,205. $1920 off of MRSP.

I traded a car for $17000 plus I received $1080 in tax credit for it for a total of $18080. They can sell the car for $2000 more then they gave me but with the tax savings, the trade got me everything I expected if I sold the car myself. It was a good deal for both me and the dealer and I didn't have the hassle of selling my old car (2012 Honda Civic Si).

My dealer mentioned that the dealership moves more on Red cars as they are not the typical Mercedes color. Since this is my first Mercedes, I have no idea if that is true or not. Out of 37 CLAs at the dealer, only 3 were red.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You are going to pay close to the full price for the car because so many people want the car. Try to haggle on your financing and warranty/service etc..I got financing from my credit union but got a better deal by calling MB's bluff on interest rates. .I have a white CLA with black leather with upgraded tires, lights, multimedia and premium package. I am happy with the price because I got some other perks by being one of the first ones who ordered and purchased the car. (Haggle your service and maintenance it's worth it... I saved over $3000)

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Black with black MB-Tex, Premium Package, Multimedia Package, Sports Package, Panorama sun roof, Bi-Xenon. MSRP: $40,200. Got it for $38,700.

·
Your Mercedes CLA Admin
246 Posts
Trying to get an idea of how much over or below MSRP you guys paid for your cars. I test drove a cla250 just a few hours ago and am pretty serious about getting one but I don't want to get ripped off, the dealer i went to was firm on MSRP, I only want the lighting package but that's besides the point for this thread :)

so what did you pay for your CLA? what packages did you get? let's say pretax and pre-fees.

I was quoted $31,675.00 for a white exterior black interior car, only option is the bixenon headlights. that is exactly what MSRP is, dealer is fletcher jones newport beach. :) hopefully this thread can help me and potential other buyers make sure they are getting a fair deal!

@KwlAznKid Did you manage to finally pre-order / get your CLA ordered?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts