Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only reason i ask is because I'm curious if Mercedes is meeting their demographic target. It was stated the CLA was an attempt to make the company younger, the millennial demographic was singled out specifically.

I'm curious first of all because I work in advertising and watching how planning and targeting relates to real word results is kind of my job ;)

I do have a feeling that at the end of the day we will see the CLA in more boomer hands than millennials... 77 million consumers who have concentrated 75% of americas wealth vs 1/3rd millennials who live at home, 62% are employed, 30% of that are part time employees...

So, how old are you? 33 here....

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm 30, so I'm in their target range. But what sucks for Mercedes is if they didn't create this car they could've sold me a C63 so they lost about 10-15k on this millenial. Though I'm not completely sure the CLA45 is targeted towards any age group like the regular CLAs are.

Also, in Europe this is not as compact of a car as it is in the states, so this car would look more like a high end car that millenials can upgrade to. Though maybe not in Germany when the taxis are C and E-classes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
60.5 is my age, so I'm not the targeted market. But, after 2 previous and 1 current Benz (SLK), I love the brand and believe the CLA strikes a great balance between a sporty 2-seater and the occasional need to carry four people. Plus, I love Mercedes' innovations. Check out the crash-test video attached. Safety is extremely important to me...

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
49 here so I'm sure I'm out of their target demographic.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
There was an article published recently that mentioned the buyers for the CLA ended up being older than expected.

·
Registered
945 Posts
There was an article published recently that mentioned the buyers for the CLA ended up being older than expected.
It's funny to hear that they market some of their cars, the CLA being one of them, to young people. I guess they might have mentioned the young at heart in fine print somewhere.
Most MB owners turn out to not be as young as MB makes it out to be before the stats.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am 47 years young! and I am dam proud of it! lol!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
36 with a wife and a 2.5 year old.

First time MB buyer. Location SoCal South-Bay.

Previous cars: 2011 Lexus IS250 Version F (Tokyo), 2007 Honda Accord-SE (Honolulu), 2005 Honda CRV-EX (Honolulu), 1994 Acura Integra (Denver), 1991 Honda Civic (Arizona)

·
Registered
183 Posts
46 y.o. so I may be throwing off the survey objective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
48 and I am happy that to see others in my age bracket also buying CLA. One of my concerns was if I was to old!!! My car before this 2011 Camaro.

·
Registered
433 Posts
On a side note, I'm interested to what the age split is on the regular CLAs and the AMG. And region. Like how in the UK Honda owners are in their 50s and in the US there's a much more wider spread.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just turned 50.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Does everyone who has responded owns a CLA or have one on order?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts