Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the CLA comes very close to the current C-Class in terms of pricing and dimensions, the 2014 C-Class should be getting a bit of a makeover in order to try to create space between the two vehicles.

Anticipated changes include a longer and more spacious body, an S-Class inspired design, high quality materials, and rear-wheel drive. The 2014 C-Class will also include a convertible for the first time. This convertible will aim to rival the BMW 4-Series. The 2014 C-Class should be revealed at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show.

Another first for the C-Class will be the manufacturing of the vehicle in the USA at a factory in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

Are you happy that the C-Class will be making changes to differentiate itself from the CLA? What other changes would you make to the C-Class for 2014?

·
Registered
313 Posts
As the CLA comes very close to the current C-Class in terms of pricing and dimensions, the 2014 C-Class should be getting a bit of a makeover in order to try to create space between the two vehicles.

Anticipated changes include a longer and more spacious body, an S-Class inspired design, high quality materials, and rear-wheel drive. The 2014 C-Class will also include a convertible for the first time. This convertible will aim to rival the BMW 4-Series. The 2014 C-Class should be revealed at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show.

Another first for the C-Class will be the manufacturing of the vehicle in the USA at a factory in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

Are you happy that the C-Class will be making changes to differentiate itself from the CLA? What other changes would you make to the C-Class for 2014?
It should get bigger as well, similar to how Cadillac lengthened the CTS after they introduced the ATS

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I do think the CLA does take a little bit away from the C class sales but there is nothing wrong with that. The C class has a very good reputation already. It will sell regardless.

They are expanding the market with the CLA so total sales to Mercedes will increase. They have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In America, bigger is ALWAYS better. :cool:
I'm not so sure anymore. Granted the new C-Series won't be huge, but I think there is less desire for the biggest car you can possibly get. Hummers, Range Rovers, and Grand Caravans are all way less popular than they were a short time ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not so sure anymore. Granted the new C-Series won't be huge, but I think there is less desire for the biggest car you can possibly get. Hummers, Range Rovers, and Grand Caravans are all way less popular than they were a short time ago.
I think you missed the sarcasm in my post :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts