Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought My CLA on 9-25-14. It has about 3,100 miles on it now. A few highway business trips.

I must say, it is beautiful, it turns heads looks really really good in Cirrus White, with Premium Package, Sport Package, Panorama Sunroof, Bi-Xenon Headlights and LED Tail Lamps. I have pics on this site. It is so nice looking it was the inside show room model for the dealership I bought it from. I had to pay MSRP and was on a waiting list to get it.

Problem is I am finding it a bit too small for my taste. I Had owned a BMW 525i for last 10 years. Everything else about it is fantastic.

I paid just over $41,000 for it with all those options. I may be willing to sell it at around a $2,000 dollar loss if anyone is interested. Thats not bad for a BRAND NEW CLA with great options and no waiting.

Let me know if you are interested in talking

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello,
Saw your post and FYI, your going to have a hard time selling it for that price, How did you pay 41,000 on it? are you including taxes? Anybody can price out that configuration for 37,655 Factory Brand New, and get Discount down to 35,000 brand new.
You have 2700 miles on it and now is considered a used car, Sorry but If your going to even come close to selling it in this stage of the game, your looking @ about 32,000-33,000. sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the depreciation is going to kill you now.
Good luck to you,
D~

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with dionisio944

kind of you to offer the car to the community but depreciation is going to hit your car hard.

But best of luck to you!

What do you think you are going to get next?

·
Registered
945 Posts
You will be taking a hit on price because you don't want it and it's still new, as mentioned above. If you still want to stick with a Mercedes, you might want to wait for the new C-Class, it might be more to your liking with all the space you want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand I will take a hit on price. am looking to see if anyone is interested, then the negotiation / talking can begin. I may just end up keeping it, or if I can work something out, I may not..

If anyone is interested in talking, let me know and we could communicate via email or phone?

Thanks

·
Registered
945 Posts
Good luck with your search. I heard there's a website called lease busters, where you can post your lease and people interested will take it over.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I understand I will take a hit on price. am looking to see if anyone is interested, then the negotiation / talking can begin.
You may want to say that in your initial post then. Because you've already noted on the first post that you will negotiate in a range of 39,000-41,000 for a car with a MSRP of 37,655 (that's with destination). You're not going to find anyone willing to pay 1.5-3.5k more than a new car's worth to get a used car. The CLA is not as much of a collector's item as some people think it to be, nor does it have months long queues like the PT Cruiser or Dodge Challenger did. I'd go lower. Also waiting for a standard CLA isn't going to increase its value. If you had an Edition 1, but I don't think anyone's going to pay a premium on a car because you had to wait in line. I'd probably leave that off. It sounds . . . strange to me if I were a potential buyer. But anyways, good luck with selling it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bought My CLA on 9-25-14. It has about 3,100 miles on it now. A few highway business trips.

I must say, it is beautiful, it turns heads looks really really good in Cirrus White, with Premium Package, Sport Package, Panorama Sunroof, Bi-Xenon Headlights and LED Tail Lamps. I have pics on this site. It is so nice looking it was the inside show room model for the dealership I bought it from. I had to pay MSRP and was on a waiting list to get it.

Problem is I am finding it a bit too small for my taste. I Had owned a BMW 525i for last 10 years. Everything else about it is fantastic.

I paid just over $41,000 for it with all those options. I may be willing to sell it at around a $2,000 dollar loss if anyone is interested. Thats not bad for a BRAND NEW CLA with great options and no waiting.

Let me know if you are interested in talking
Were you able to sell your CLA?

I am transferring overseas, so I will be selling my CLA in a few months as well. My problem (like you) is that I loaded it as well with the Premium, Pano, Multi-Media, Sports, and DAS packages which came out to around $42k MSRP, which is on the high-end of the CLA price range. Has 3800 miles and OCD quality on care and I'm wondering how big my loss will be on it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I never did sell it, still have it. I will probably just keep it. I know that I will have to negotiate on price probably down to 32 or 33K range if I do sell it. If anyone is interested, please message me.

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts