Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I waited too long and the Edition 1s are all gone. So I after looking at several CLA in different configurations I finally narrowed it down to a Night Black one with Sport, Premium, and Multimedia packages, Panorama sun roof, Bi-Xenon, Blind spot assist, and black MB-Tex with MSRP of $41,200. It also has a spoiler and black ash wood trim which I didn't want to pay for but could live with. I emailed in my offer of $39,000. Invoice is $38,381. Hope they accept my offer. If they do then I'll be driving it home tomorrow. If not then I'll just keep looking. Like I said before, I'm in no rush and I'm willing to wait.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
yea dont be too down if the reject it. just keep on lookin!

but lets have the fingers crossed.

keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Sorry to hear it, Tony. You were one of the original 'shinning lights' when I first joined this forum. Can you wait until next year, and get the car 'the way it should be'?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea dont be too down if the reject it. just keep on lookin!

but lets have the fingers crossed.

keep us updated.
We agreed on the price of $39,205. That's about $2000 below MSRP. So for those of you who haven't purchased one yet, you DON'T have to pay MSRP. Attached are some pics I took yesterday at their warehouse. Sorry for the crappy pics as the lighting sucks. Since it's still in the warehouse it needs some time to be prepped and inspected so tomorrow will be cutting it too close. So I told them to take their time and I'll pick it up on Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well, I waited too long and the Edition 1s are all gone. So I after looking at several CLA in different configurations I finally narrowed it down to a Night Black one with Sport, Premium, and Multimedia packages, Panorama sun roof, Bi-Xenon, Blind spot assist, and black MB-Tex with MSRP of $41,200. It also has a spoiler and black ash wood trim which I didn't want to pay for but could live with. I emailed in my offer of $39,000. Invoice is $38,381. Hope they accept my offer. If they do then I'll be driving it home tomorrow. If not then I'll just keep looking. Like I said before, I'm in no rush and I'm willing to wait.
Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats Tony...Beautiful choice.
I saw the Edition 1 very recently at Morristown, but sounds like it sold.
I'm holding out for a 4Matic or AMG. My daily driver is an Audi S6 (V10) and having a hard time convincing myself to go with the base engine after test driving twice :( Sport mode was an improvement over Comfort mode. The exterior is gorgeous however, so we'll see.

Curious - what made you go with the black exterior after wanting the Mountain grey of the Edition 1? Both colors are great and i would have a hard time choosing.. All my cars have been black but the mountain grey looks fantastic on this car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congratulations. You got a better deal then I did. I paid $1920 under MSRP for mine (still great IMHO). Everyone should be aware now that the ones on the dealer lots are going for well under now. I guess the initial demand surge is over.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Congratulations. You got a better deal then I did. I paid $1920 under MSRP for mine (still great IMHO). Everyone should be aware now that the ones on the dealer lots are going for well under now. I guess the initial demand surge is over.
Better than nothing, some people just pay whats on paper which isn't the right thing to do, you have to negotiate.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the late response but there was a little bit of drama. So after I got off the phone with the saleswoman with the agreed upon price I sent and sent her copies of my license and insurance card so she can start the paper work and order the PDR (Pre-Delivery... don't know what R means). Posted my message here and went to my meeting. When I got back to the office I got a message from her apologizing that the computer wasn't updated until just moments ago (after we spoke on the phone) and the car was sold last night right after I took those pictures. Needless to say I was pissed, disappointed, and conspiracy theories started going through my head that maybe someone offered more money for the car so they sold it to him and made up that story. So I got back to her and reluctantly made an offer on my second choice but I really low balled them this time because I was still steaming. So a couple of hours later she emailed me back saying you won't believe this but a nearly identical one to the black one I though I was getting just became available because the buyer's credit didn't go through. I don't know if they're just yanking my chain because they know I was so pissed or if it's true but this one didn't have the 3 things on the first car that I didn't really want anyway (spoiler, black ash wood trim, blind spot assist) so I made an offer of $500 less than my original offer due to less equipment and they accepted. So I'll be driving a black one with Premium, MM, and Sport packages, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon. So a little bit of drama but all turned out well. Should pick it up this weekend.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Curious - what made you go with the black exterior after wanting the Mountain grey of the Edition 1? Both colors are great and i would have a hard time choosing.. All my cars have been black but the mountain grey looks fantastic on this car.
I like both colors so black was perfectly fine with me. Would look pretty good with the windows tinted, too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i think you mean PDI, pre delivery inspection. but here at my dealership we never had people pay MSRP from the start, we had them discounted from the begining.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's almost exactly what happened to me! And exactly what I thought at the time also. In my case, they said it had already been sold and just not marked as sold. I ended up getting the call about 16 hours before I was set to pick it up. Oops.

Then they somehow found an exact same config except with additional walnut wood trim and said the same deal would apply so I'm more than happy.

Maybe the volume is so high they're just not used to it!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
i think you mean PDI, pre delivery inspection. but here at my dealership we never had people pay MSRP from the start, we had them discounted from the begining.
Right, PDI. PDR was on my mind because at work we have Pre-Design Review we call PDR that's coming up.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whats the difference between PDI and PDR? I always known what a PDI was but never "PDR"?
My mistake. PDR has nothing to do with car buying. I'm an engineer and we're working on a new design for something. At the time of my original posting I was about to go into a pre-design review (meeting) at work which we refer to as just PDR. So that was on my mind made the post. Should have been PDI from the beginning. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Glad you found him. SOME of those guys can perform miracles. I recently closed the trunk on a concours winning '89 Porsche, and raised a big 'zit' on the trunk. I cried more than a 15 year old girl who woke up with one on her nose prom morning. But the evidence and a C note were both gone two days later.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts