Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I didn't realize how well Mercedes has been selling these last couple of years. If they continue like this, they could take the number one sport in luxury vehicles.

I thought the interviewer posed a pretty good question by asking if hardcore Mercedes owners are upset with the low entrance price point of the CLA. As someone who has never owned a Mercedes, does this question hold any validity?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
As a past E-Class owner I'm not the least bit upset about the CLA's lower entry price point in the US. In fact I say it's about time. MB is a full line automaker, not just luxury. When I was in Germany I saw a lot of smaller MBs that are about the size of a Ford Focus as well as their flagship S-class and everything in between. This is a world economy and bringing some of the smaller vehicles like the CLA to North America is a natural progression for a world class full line automaker like MB.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mercedes has its most success worldwide with their many utility vehicles including vans, trucks, and buses. Their reputation as a luxury automaker seems to exist primarily in North America and Europe.

·
Registered
945 Posts
It's good Mercedes is trying to reach out to younger buyers with the CLA. Since not everyone can afford a $50k + Mercedes. At $29 900 for the CLA 250 it's really affordable and will make A LOT of people consider buying it as a lot of good compact cars are priced not too far from the CLA.

Won't be surprised to see Acura ILX, Buick Verano, etc... .sales go down because of the CLA.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Mercedes is smart trying to reach out to all age groups instead of being focused on the older crowd. Marketing and connecting with the younger crowd will makes sales and fill the wide range spectrum of vehicles they have. And not to mention possibly building a reputation with younger buyers that will eventually buy again later if they are comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts