Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I recently discovered this CLA 45 Forum after searching around for a dedicated CLA site. Great info and look forward to contributing.

On another note, I placed a deposit for the first one at Mercedes-Benz San Francisco last week.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I selected the following (see below), however, the actual options will have to be confirmed once the official CLA45 order sheet comes out. I based my order on the general CLA order sheet and pricing.

I currently have a 2012 CLS550 4Matic Launch Edition (Steel Gray) in CT and a 1972 600 SWB (Black) in San Francisco (along with two Porsches: 2011 Cayenne Turbo (Jet Black met) and 1997 993 Turbo (Artic Silver)).

191 Cosmos Black $720
801 Black leather upholstery TBA

320 Multimedia Package $2,300
218 Review camera
512 COMAND system w/ hard drive navigation

P01 Premium Package $2,200
232 Garage door opener
249 Auto dimming mirrors
518 Media Interface
536 SIRIUS SAT RADIO
581 Dual zone auto climate control
810 Harman / Kardon sound system
873 Heated front seats

234 Blind spot assist $500
413 Panorama sunroof $1,480
H73 Carbon fiber trim TBA
067 Illuminated door sills TBA

Other codes unknown
AMG Development Package

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Can't wait to start seeing these in the dealerships. I wonder when we'll be getting an actual ordering guide for the CLA 45.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BEM-S4, thanks for the pricing update on the carbon trim. I guess I may exclude it to keep the cost down. I like the look but may not be necessary with the Cosmos Black exterior. And for me it is not that important in the interior.

·
Registered
14 Posts
BEM-S4, thanks for the pricing update on the carbon trim. I guess I may exclude it to keep the cost down. I like the look but may not be necessary with the Cosmos Black exterior. And for me it is not that important in the interior.
For the exterior, I honestly don't think you would miss it at all. Someone had to point it out to me on the WHITE one that was there, let alone on black. The interior will come standard with high gloss piano black in place of the carbon, which I prefer but that's just me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BEM-S4, agree 100%.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks BEM-S4. I was thinking that was the number. Using the CLA order guide my sales rep and I guesstimated around $8,000 in options on top of the $47.5K base price.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Show the one at the NY Auto Show today. It definitely looks better in person from certain angles especially from the rear side angle and front end. Even next to the E63S wagon which shared the platform with it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Show the one at the NY Auto Show today. It definitely looks better in person from certain angles especially from the rear side angle and front end. Even next to the E63S wagon which shared the platform with it.
Happy to hear this positive feedback from someone that got to see the CLA in person.

What color was the Mercedes CLA displayed at the 2013 New York Show?

Were you able to identify which model CLA it was?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There were two CLAs on display. A white CLA45 and silver CLA250.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Even better, I was under the impression they only had one CLA on display. Good to have the CLA250 and CLA45 AMG, gives people a good chance to compare them both and ask questions to the Mercedes Rep's at the show.

Were these CLA's open to the public at the time you went? Judging from the pic you posted, seems like the AMG CLA wasn't accessible

There were two CLAs on display. A white CLA45 and silver CLA250.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Will the Mercedes CLA 45 AMG only be coming in white or are there other colors available as well? For the A 45 AMG I have only seen three colors which are white, silver and black. But the CLA 45 AMG looks best in white I think personally.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fastlane, both CLAs were inaccessible to the public.

MAX, the 45 definitely looks great in white. I order Cosmos black but now am reconsidering. A light color like white or silver shows off the darkened headlamps and black trim. Hmmmm...

The CLA250 was in silver and next to the new E400 Hybrid on the stands. Silver wasn't as striking but that may because the 250 did not have the extra AMG black trim.

·
Registered
14 Posts
fastlane, both CLAs were inaccessible to the public.

MAX, the 45 definitely looks great in white. I order Cosmos black but now am reconsidering. A light color like white or silver shows off the darkened headlamps and black trim. Hmmmm...

The CLA250 was in silver and next to the new E400 Hybrid on the stands. Silver wasn't as striking but that may because the 250 did not have the extra AMG black trim.
I attended the opening night cocktail party and was able to get into both cars. The 250 was mobbed and tough to get a good look at it, but I did sit in it and the interior in the AMG is a huge upgrade. The AMG was up on stage, I sat in that one and spent 30 minutes standing right next to it, in person there is not a bad angle on the car.

My reservations have nothing to do with cosmetics, the car is gorgeous. The AMG FWD bias does worry me though, with that much bhp and ft-lbs heading predominantly to the front wheels.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BEM-S4, I believe it becomes more rear biased should it be needed -- hard acceleration from stop or coming out of an apex.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts