Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever wish your car's infotainment system played nice with your iPhone right out of the box? Well, Mercedes-Benz is continuing the trend of Apple integration with an update to the COMAND system to be in the CLA. Aided by two apps, Digital DriveStyle and Drive Kit Plus for iPhone, you'll be able to access the contents of your iPhone via the CLA’s built-in display and navigate your iTunes library with armrest-mounted Controls.

Siri rides shotgun as the personal assistant can be accessed through the onboard system to send messages, switch music, check the forecast and organize your calendar. The integration will be available through the entry-level "Audio 20" package.

Digital DriveStyle is available for free and also touts Garmin navigation, AUPEO! radio, Facebook, Twitter and a Car Finder. While the new tech is currently rolling out in A-Class right now, expect the CLA and GLA to get cozy with your iPhone.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
awesome. even though I don't use apple anymore this is still good news.

I wonder if you can send a location from your phone to your cars navigation.

·
Registered
54 Posts
awesome. even though I don't use apple anymore this is still good news.

I wonder if you can send a location from your phone to your cars navigation.
That is a great idea. Lets say if you were out side of the car and thought of a location and when you get back in just sent it to the car's infotainment system. I think it would work well.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Either that or just have an app where it sync's all your favorited locations and lists. Isn't there something already similar to this or did Mercedes not look in to it yet?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Android needs to step up their game and get more involved with automakers. I hate seeing all these apps and vehicle apps where it has no connection with androids.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I played with Audio 20 and my iphone at the dealer...its very simple to connect and you can use most common functions and even talk to siri.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's great news! I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. It'll be great to use your iphone's library and listen to your favourite music.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought I read somewhere that some manufacturers are getting Android to design their in car systems.
Well i dont see why the engineers at respective automakers cant do it themselves, Android OS is opensource and readily available, get the source code, skin it to your liking and BAM cheap OS. Google makes no money from Android OS anyways so you wouldnt have to worry about trademarks and whatnots

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Does this mean that you can use Google or Apple maps in place of the on board Nav. system on either of the two available screen sizes? Or Waze?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts