Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my CLA 45 on Friday, I haven't had a chance to drive it as much as I would like and I'm trying to follow the run-in procedures here are my first impressions;

It is very quick, again I haven't pushed it very hard at all but it is responsive

While driving in Comfort mode it shifts at very low RPM's around 2k and there is a slight amount of turbo lag, the sport mode is better and in manual if you keep the revs around 2500 there is absolutely zero lag.

The suspension is firm, ok very firm, but not uncomfortable. Keep in mind I also drive and F350 so I'm used to a little bounce.

The eco mode takes a little getting used to, the first time your car shuts off at a traffic light is a little surprising the first time.

What a great looking car, absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Welcome aboard!
We definitely need to see some pictures.
Would you ever consider doing modifications to the suspension just to improve it or leave it stock?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My CLA45 ia polar silver, nothing better than a racing silver merc, I'm traveling on business this week will try to post some pictures when I'm back in town.

At this point, I'm not sure there are any mods to improve the suspension. It's a nice balance between handling and comfort, with the emphasis on handling.

It's sitting in the garage and I'm driving a rental mustang, believe me there is no comparison.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey lefty, I've got a question. What was the average amount of time you waited to move up a spot in the queue? And once they say they are going to manufacturer your car, how long did it take to arrive?

Also, did you get anything special (like the Edition 1s) since I assume your AMG is probably one of the first ones (assuming you're stateside)?

·
Registered
433 Posts
is the rental mustang at least a V8 :D
Hey be glad we have what we have. In the UK they are finally selling the Mustang and it only comes with an Ecoboost 4 cylinder. Might as well save the money and install your old lawnmower engine in there.

·
Registered
945 Posts
my guess is the mustang rental is just a basemodel, most mustang rental's i've seen have been like that.

But if a V8, win! better put it to work;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am stateside, from what I was told the car has been sitting in Bltimore since August waiting for MB to set a release date for the AMG's. Not sure why it took so long but I was given several different vague delivery dates but it was always bumped back about a month.

I didn't order any of the options I was told would delay delivery, i.e. the special edition sport seats or the sport steering wheel, the special lighting package wasn't offered initially either. I ordered the car last April so I should have been near the top of the queue.

The mustang is a V8 and is kinda of impressive to tell you the truth, if I hadn't of spent the weekend driving the AMG I'm sure I would be grinning ear to ear.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am stateside, from what I was told the car has been sitting in Bltimore since August waiting for MB to set a release date for the AMG's. Not sure why it took so long but I was given several different vague delivery dates but it was always bumped back about a month.

I didn't order any of the options I was told would delay delivery, i.e. the special edition sport seats or the sport steering wheel, the special lighting package wasn't offered initially either. I ordered the car last April so I should have been near the top of the queue.

The mustang is a V8 and is kinda of impressive to tell you the truth, if I hadn't of spent the weekend driving the AMG I'm sure I would be grinning ear to ear.
That sucks. I bet they wouldn't do that to a S or G-class AMG. Glad you got the car though. I didn't order any options that should delay my car either (other than the red calipers) so hopefully . . .

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like that you ordered with no options. Especially if you intend to drive the thing, what do you need all the wizard gizmos for ;)

congrats on the 45 and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is how the car was ordered

Paint: 761 Polar Silver
Seats: 555 + 808 AMG seat in ash grey leather
Premium Package P01
Drivers package P25, with silver 19” wheels
Exhaust package U21

So I ended up with the red calipers and the enhanced exhaust, plus a top speed of 167 mph, I just need to find the right stretch of road, can you say ROAD TRIP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts