Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was always under the impression that the cla250 did not have keyless entry; however, in this video the guy mentions that teh push to start ignition is optional. Is this true?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Not true for North America. In fact, of all the videos I've seen of various CLA around the world I've never seen one with push button start.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Kind of sad it doesn't come with a push start button. I think at this stage they should make it standard. BUT being a $30k mercedes they had to cheap out on somewhere and this was it. Lets just be glad they cheaped out here rather than else where.

·
Registered
433 Posts
We should be glad that Mercedes is at least not as stingy as Porsche which will charge you $360 for a rear wiper. Or $2300 for your interior vents to be painted. Or over $300 to paint your car key. And this is on the Panamera, the one car you would think they would be nice enough to give you a free rear wiper. At least they are no longer charging you to remove the radio and cd player.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A push button start would be a nice touch to the CLA. It would also probably raise costs and since the big pull of the CLA is its below $30,000 price, Benz probably decided against it. And I would agree with the decision from that perspective.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I don't think not having push button start necessarily means cheapening out. If it is then the 2014 S-Class also cheaped out.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I'm going to try to invent a phrase here. I think I will call it "option". I would use it for an item that customers could pay extra to get on their cars. What do you think?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm going to try to invent a phrase here. I think I will call it "option". I would use it for an item that customers could pay extra to get on their cars. What do you think?
Don't forget about the "option" where customers could pay extra to not get the item as well. That was popular for a while. I think the Italians are still quite wed to the idea. :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there any known third party/vendor who provides keyless Go option for CLA? On second thought there might not be any because this may void the warranty etc..

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a remote start module on ebay.. for $575. Would be nice but I haven't pulled the trigger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts