Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
German tuning company KW has presented two stainless steel coilover kits for Mercedes-Benz CLA-class which allow a continuous lowering of up to 60 mm within the German TÜV-tested adjustment range.

KW offers coilover kits Variant 1 as well as Variant 3+ with its built-in damper adjustment available for the various Mercedes-Benz CLA models. With its fix configured damper setup, Variant 1 optimize the balance of sportiness and everyday practicality of the Mercedes-Benz CLA. With Variant 3+ it is further possible to adjust the rebound and compression damping independent of each other. The compression damping can be adjusted with an integrated adjustment wheel at the bottom of the damper housing with twelve precise clicks. The separately adjustable rebound valve allows to adjust the damping characteristics with 16 clicks to new tires and larger rims.

Official: KW coilovers for Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class

·
Registered
257 Posts
I didn't expect KW to come out with a coilover kit that fast either but is it because over in Germany they will be getting the CLA before we do over in North America?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I bet they contacted Mercedes ahead of time to get their hands on a pre-production model so the process on developing these aftermarket coilovers could happen as soon as they did. Props to KW suspension for jumping on this, finally we have quality coilovers to get as soon as CLA's become available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 on these quality coilovers. This and wheels will be my first aftermarket purchase. Glad to see KW was able to develop a set for the CLA so quickly.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thinking about the wheels and ride height i want depending where I go and what I do with my CLA, im going to wait air bag coilovers, or even just ability to add air bags to coilovers just to clear my future lowered CLA :D

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Do you know if AMG 45 bring a better suspension
Do you mean in comparison to the base CLA, or the KW? They will both be stiffer, but will they be "better" than either? That depends on how you will use the car.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
likely not. The KWs are adjustable and likely still better performance coilovers over the stock 45 AMG struts.
True, I bet Mercedes does do quite a lot of R&D to come up with the coils they do for the AMG models, but they do have to find a medium between performance and comfort. At least with the KW's you can go full performance and sacrifice some comfort. That just won't fly with some people buying AMG models, at least when stock they suit just about anyone.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Nice!

It was only a matter of time. These are a great piece. The best suspension money can buy for the street and even track if you wanted. The capabvility to adjust so many things is key.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They usually go for around $3000
that's quite a lot but worth it if you want the best of the best. Anyone going this route should also consider getting other aftermarket suspension parts when they come out with more, just to complement those KW coils even more

1 - 20 of 29 Posts