Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$37,915 msrp Gross Cap Cost: $36,890

Acq Fee: $795 (Included in the $4,000 down)

Money Factor- .00162

$4,000 total down/out of pocket

36 month lease

@ 15k residual would be 64% and the payment would be $443 per month

@ 18k per year the residual would be 64% and $496 per month

@ 20k per year the residual would be 59% and $499 per month

mile overage .20 per mile

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would divide the $4000 down by 36 months and add it your monthly to get a better sense for what you are paying.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's not great. At the 15K residual you will have paid $19948 for the car. The buy out would be 23609 to if you add them together to keep the car would cost you 43557. That comes out to $185 per month in finance charges and this may or may not include sales tax. It's hard to discuss a lease on line with out seeing all the details and if these numbers include the sale tax.

A quick look at the MB estimator puts the lease price at around 386 so I think you may be able to do better. Of course credit history may play a part in what you can and can't get as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
BTW, Money Factor x 2400 gives you the equivalent interest rate. So that 3.89% in this case.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Doesn't look good at all.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am not sure there is a magical set of leasing numbers as credit rating, negotiation skills, discount certificates, etc. all play a part. But as a point of reference I secured a 36 month 10k mile per year lease on an Edition 1 with illuminated star, 2 year prepaid maintenance and snow tire / wheel balancing for a total of all payments of $15,000 less $1,095 in waived fees for old lease disposition and damages. On a monthly basis it comes to $386.25 a month all in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here how I rationalize negotiating a leasing rate. No matter what you do, someone else out there will have struck a better bargain. Or someone else will claim that he or she could have struck a better deal. It's inevitable, so there's no point in getting all worked up about it.

Obviously, you need to do your homework to make sure you're not getting totally ripped off. But leasing a MB is a little like bidding on a valuable old coin on eBay. You can research what other old coins in a similar condition have sold for, and that will give you a working range. Sometimes, an uncirculated Morgan silver dollar from 1880 will command a premium, other times it will not fetch quite as much money.

As the bidder, you decide in advance how much you're willing pay, and that's the price you set for a given auction. If you win the auction, then you're paying up to the maximum price...but no more than that. And if you get lucky, you might end up paying less than your set maximum.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know the one pay lease discount on the money factor. I'm familiar with Lexus 's leases, they reduce the money factor by 100 basis points. Not sure about MB.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's 80 bp with MB finance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts