Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched on the web that this will be a limited production. Does that mean it will only be out for 1 year? Or just the number of cars released per year. I ask this because the m1 bmw was only produced for 1 year.

I read some people on this forum saying they will wait it out. I hope it continues 2015..2016 and so on.

Any insight on this? I know its hard to determine as of now but as long as Mercedes says it wouldn't be only a 1 year production.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Is this the statement you're talking about: "Making the launch of this automotive milestone, a limited-production Launch Edition of the all-new 2014 CLA will be offered for those who seek some added exclusivity."? If so then that's just a limited "Launch Edition" with special paint, wheels, and interior details. Once they're all gone then there will be the regular CLA250s available for the public.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tony here is the break down on how these things work…..

When a company releases a new car especially one like the CLA series they are making it to appeal to a younger market. They want younger people to be able to afford a Mercedes so they can get a taste and well hopefully stay with the brand.

On the website they mentioned a limited edition just in case you want something more exclusive this will probably be a limited production option. Every car manufacture will do something like this to boost urgency and to make you feel more exclusive. VW has a special Driver's edition GTI. What do you get with this? Red seat belts seats with different stitching, a production number and other little things. That being said they lift the price up a little bit for something little.

Hope that answers your question….

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Tony here is the break down on how these things work…..

When a company releases a new car especially one like the CLA series they are making it to appeal to a younger market. They want younger people to be able to afford a Mercedes so they can get a taste and well hopefully stay with the brand.

On the website they mentioned a limited edition just in case you want something more exclusive this will probably be a limited production option. Every car manufacture will do something like this to boost urgency and to make you feel more exclusive. VW has a special Driver's edition GTI. What do you get with this? Red seat belts seats with different stitching, a production number and other little things. That being said they lift the price up a little bit for something little.

Hope that answers your question….
I know. I'm with you on this. I was trying to explain that to the OP but you did a better job of it.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
The CLA 250 won't be limited production.

The CLA 45 AMG? Maybe.. Not really sure. Depends how successful it is.

The edition 1? Yes that is limited.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just getting this straight. So the first run will be a limited edition just to create exclusivity? That is people can run around saying I have one of the first CLAs? No need to worry about being sold out a dealerships?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just getting this straight. So the first run will be a limited edition just to create exclusivity? That is people can run around saying I have one of the first CLAs? No need to worry about being sold out a dealerships?
Only the Launch Edition is limited, because it is a special edition. The regular CLA is a series-production model.

The CLA is a special car, but the fact is that Mercedes will only limit the car to the number of units that Mercedes can sell ;), without having to offer too many profit-eating incentives.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Only the Launch Edition is limited, because it is a special edition. The regular CLA is a series-production model.

The CLA is a special car, but the fact is that Mercedes will only limit the car to the number of units that Mercedes can sell ;), without having to offer too many profit-eating incentives.
So what differences are there between the launch edition and regular CLA?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
So what differences are there between the launch edition and regular CLA?
Mostly cosmetic (yellow stitching, different wheels, different seats, different steering wheel, etc.). I'm sure you've seen pictures and videos of it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
For those of you pre ordering are you finding dealers saying it would be hard to get your cla? Or is thus shortage a myth?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
92 Posts
It would not make sense for Mercedes to introduce a new model for a one year production. Especially for a car that is supposed to be an affordable model catering to a bigger market.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think there are still a few new E1s and a couple of pre-owned ones floating around depending on geography.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts