Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln is planning to launch four new vehicles by 2016 including a compact sedan that is meant to directly compete with the Mercedes CLA.

I was actually pretty impressed with Lincoln latest model, the MKZ. I am interested what Lincoln has in store.

·
Registered
945 Posts
What is this Lincoln CLA competition suppose to be like? Know the model name?

Lincoln has a long way to go before they can think of competing with Benz, if there's any car maker that can do it, it's Cadillac.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The MKZ is just a dressed up Ford Fusion... Literally. They have the same chassis.
I also find them over priced. But it will be interesting to see what they come out with.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
It's already very tough for the japanese luxury brands to compete with mercedes. American luxury brands will have even tougher of a time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lincoln is still trying to build itself back up from nearly being decimated 5 years ago. I don't think they will be able to compete with Mercedes but no harm for us consumers in trying. The more competition there is, the better options and choices we have.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
yea I agree, no harm in trying but I have my doubts about them even being able to make an impact on mercedes consumers.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Not worried about it. I don't think there's really a way to compare those two. Lincoln just isn't a Benz. It will attract a TOTALLY different driver.

Reactions: BenzFan

·
Registered
945 Posts
Not worried about it. I don't think there's really a way to compare those two. Lincoln just isn't a Benz. It will attract a TOTALLY different driver.
Agree.... lincoln is almost in the same boat as Buick, their Towncars were nice but the new MKZ and MKS are just really boring vehicles, they have some stand out features but aside from that I wouldn't waste my time and money on them.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I wouldn't go that far. Poor Lincoln :)

Just not sure if the average person would compare the two.. Lincoln vs Mercedes.. Like a banana versus a gold bar.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
92 Posts
What is this Lincoln CLA competition suppose to be like? Know the model name?

Lincoln has a long way to go before they can think of competing with Benz, if there's any car maker that can do it, it's Cadillac.
The Cadillac ATS sedan competes directly with the CLA I would think.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm still looking for some good comparison articles on the CLA vs Volvo S60
Does not seem to be much out there. The Volvo S60 is very similar in dimensions of the CLA and similar 0-60 times...

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
The Volvo S60 is very similar in dimensions of the CLA and similar 0-60 times...
What is the 0-60 for the CLA250? I don't think I've ever seen it published anywhere.

·
Registered
507 Posts
What is the 0-60 for the CLA250? I don't think I've ever seen it published anywhere.
Looks like AutoBlog already published it.

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 Sport First Drive - Autoblog

Note: it's an AOL Autos reference and is "estimated":

Engine:2.0L Turbo I4
Power: 208 HP / 258 LB-FT
Transmission: 7-Speed DCT
0-60 Time: 6.5 Seconds (est.)
Top Speed: 149 MPH
Drivetrain: Front-Wheel Drive
Curb Weight: 3,260 LBS
Seating: 2+3
Cargo: 12.4 CU-FT
MPG: 23 City / 33 HWY
Base Price: $30,825

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not only cost but the other reason I am not looking at the CLA AMG is that my daily commute is 2.2 miles with about 12 traffic lights. Not a commute that I would ever need something that does 0-60 in 3 seconds lol. However I don’t want something that can’t do 0-60 coming of a cliff.
I’m looking for something with good MPG, quickish, with lots of electronic gadgets and options, FWD or AWD and a sporty sleek look. Safe. High 30 to low 40k price range. The CLA 250 fits those needs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts