Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, Mercedes showcased a long wheel base variant of the E Class at the 2013 Shanghai Auto Show.

Now it seems Mercedes is also planning to release a LWB variant of the CLA for the Chinese market.

The LWB variants are usually catered to buyers who want the extra legroom in the rear, since their cars are usually chauffeur driven.

What do you guys think? Do you feel like a LWB CLA would sell outside of China?

·
Registered
945 Posts
It's tough to say if the long wheel base CLA will sell outside of China, but I know for sure it won't sell that well in North America. We have so many luxury sedan's to choose from which will make it hard for people to justify buying a LWB Mercedes CLA.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't know if your mentioning to be like the CLA to be a limo type I highly doubt that would happen maybe something like a E class or S class. And if your gonna mention budgeting then they shouldn.t even be looking at getting a lwb Mercedes in the first place.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
What do we care about what cars MB is making for a market that won't affect us (NA). So what if they make a LWB version? If the market there demands it then it makes sense to produce what the market wants. China is a huge market, second only to the US and they're catching up so it makes a lot of sense to meet market demands. Many other car makers are doing the same so whey shouldn't MB?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Whatever little news we get on the CLA is always up for discussion. I do feel we are getting a bit shortchanged by not getting a LWB variant, considering concerns about the rear space. But LWB variants is not uncommon for China, so I don't think we should be too surprised or even disappointed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts