Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Mercedes-Benz is considering using an existing Nissan plant in Mexico to build the new CLA Class. Because the new Infiniti compact cars are based on the CLA, both cars could share the same production line. If the decision is approved, a next-generation version of the CLA would be built in Aguascalientes, Mexico, starting in 2018.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I know some CLA owners won't like hearing that their car was built at a Nissan facility, it'll make them feel they don't own a real mercedes

·
Registered
313 Posts
I know some CLA owners won't like hearing that their car was built at a Nissan facility, it'll make them feel they don't own a real mercedes
further slicing up of Mercedes clientele, you want CLA owners and S-class owners to feel related to each other. If CLA is being built by Nissan do people out for Mercedes prestige care, or does the hype of owning a benz eradicate that...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think that people are usually more concerned with what the country their car is made in and not the exact factory. There are basically two classes: made in America, and not made in America.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
As long as the quality control is still there I don't see a huge problem - there better be more buyer incentive though - since I would assume manufacturing costs will be lower.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Good points here. Nissan and Mercedes already seeming to produce great cars I wouldn't worry all that much. But I wonder what Nissan vehicles come from that Mexico plant and how good the build quality is on them. That would be somewhere to start when getting an idea of what to expect in the CLA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts