Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CLA has been off to a flying start in the US market. Mercedes-Benz USA CEO Steve Cannon told reporters on the sidelines of a media event in Washington that Benz is aiming for 30,000 annual sales.

That number should only increase in time since Cannon also says that the "only constraint will be global production capacity."

The CLA is meant to take over the place of the C-Class in the Benz line-up. The C-Class moved 75,000 units.

·
Registered
945 Posts
30 000 units is a lot, but so far there seems to be no issue with people ordering and getting them so I can see this happening. it's even possible that they exceed their projected sales numbers.

·
Registered
167 Posts
From what it sounds like, Mercedes is not being constrained by demand, it is being constrained by supply. Mercedes will want to keep production just under demand so that they can always have the littlest bit of a line-up to order the CLA. I also think that means that Mercedes will be wanting to sell more than 30,000 next year. The CLA could end up being a huge thing for Benz.

·
Registered
945 Posts
From what it sounds like, Mercedes is not being constrained by demand, it is being constrained by supply. Mercedes will want to keep production just under demand so that they can always have the littlest bit of a line-up to order the CLA. I also think that means that Mercedes will be wanting to sell more than 30,000 next year. The CLA could end up being a huge thing for Benz.
Makes sense, they have to keep things steady and at a good pace. I bet at some point people will have to start waiting a much longer time or even be told they can only have their order processed within 2-3 order time frames throughout a month

1 - 6 of 6 Posts