Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes-Benz has fallen behind its German competition Audi and BMW. In order to reverse this trend CEO Diester Zetsche has issued directives at the company to double sales from 1 million to 2 million units.

Mercedes has been having a bit of trouble in the Chinese trouble, and it also makes less profit off its cars than Audi and BMW, even though they cost more.

In order to make its new sales target Mercedes will be introducing 13 new models over the next decade, and it will be diligent in making in roads in the Chinese market.

Can Mercedes catch up to its rivals? Is this a small problem, or does it point towards much bigger issues?

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is not sounding like good news for Mercedes. If things don't turn around quickly, this could be the end of Zetsche's reign. Maybe Mercedes needs some new blood to get them going on the right track.

Doubling sales also sounds like a lofty goal. Is that even achievable?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that the goal of doubling sales is nice, but I don't think that it is really doable. I am of the opinion that there needs to be a pretty big shake-up at Mercedes. Fire some people, add some people, come out with some revolutionary ideas. Something has to ahppen, and I'm not sure that it is just aiming to double sales. I guess we have to wait to see all these new models come out over the next few years. If they don't work out, I guarantee you Zetsche won't be around for long after that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
mercedes can do it, they're already on the right track with bringing out the CLA and using it's platform for other vehicles, the other to my knowledge being the GLA.

more vehicles and more vehicles available world wide will help them big time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as the vehicles are received well. I feel that the CLA has been getting mixed reviews and I see this as a not good sign. I can't see the future, but i will be interested to see how this whole scheme unfolds. If Mercedes doesn't catch up in sales soon, I think it will be left behind and it will start to lose some rep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts