Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm really pumped about the upcoming CLA, especially the AMG version! I think it's going to be an awesome car and sure hit!!

Quick question to you folks out there who currently own or have owned a Mercedes (AMG and non AMG):
I'm really considering this as my next car, and it would be my first Mercedes ever. Can you guys fill me in on the service and warranty plans at the Mercedes dealerships in the US. What are usually the different plans, how much can one expect to pay on service yearly, do dealerships offer free service for the initial X years or mileage?...

Thanks guys ��

·
Registered
945 Posts
About the free service for x amount of months or years.... I believe that is up to the dealership to offer that or not and not all Benz dealers, since I believe some act as an independent dealer. So in that case if you have a number of Mercedes dealers to choose from, make sure you pick the best!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I think what the OP is referring to is the factory sponsored regularly scheduled maintenance. Some luxury brands provide up to 3 years or 36,000 miles of free scheduled maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, brake inspections, etc.) in addition to the bumper to bumper warranty. This is especially attractive to those who lease. This way during the term of the lease (usually 3 years) they don't have to worry about any maintenance or repair costs (unless they get into an accident or damage was done as a result of owner negligence).

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Ask a dealer - if nothing else, it might be negotiable. It might save you $X, but only cost the dealer $Y. Kind of like shaking the bar tender for drinks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
They need to give us at least three years free roadside assistance, Hyundai and other car makers are doing this, Benz might as well join in. Plus the CLA is a new car in it's first year of production, so we'll have to deal with the first issues that will be worked out for future production years....might as well have free roadside assistance to make the process consumer-friendly!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
They need to give us at least three years free roadside assistance, Hyundai and other car makers are doing this, Benz might as well join in. Plus the CLA is a new car in it's first year of production, so we'll have to deal with the first issues that will be worked out for future production years....might as well have free roadside assistance to make the process consumer-friendly!
Agreed.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hello!
I'm really pumped about the upcoming CLA, especially the AMG version! I think it's going to be an awesome car and sure hit!!

Quick question to you folks out there who currently own or have owned a Mercedes (AMG and non AMG):
I'm really considering this as my next car, and it would be my first Mercedes ever. Can you guys fill me in on the service and warranty plans at the Mercedes dealerships in the US. What are usually the different plans, how much can one expect to pay on service yearly, do dealerships offer free service for the initial X years or mileage?...

Thanks guys ��

@volcano888 did you end up getting a CLA?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts