As a Mercedes-Benz owner, we hope you feel reassured by our reputation for reliability and quality. But to give you even greater peace of mind, every new
Mercedes-Benz vehicle sold through the Mercedes-Benz network comes with a comprehensive 3-year warranty.
Your car warranty covers you for any problem caused by a manufacturing fault during the 3-year warranty period.
Please click on the small blue boxes below to expand for more information.
How long is the warranty period?
If you purchased your vehicle from a Mercedes-Benz Retailer, you can be safe in the knowledge that your warranty gives you total peace of mind, no matter how many miles you drive, for 36 months from the day that your vehicle was first registered in the UK.
If you purchased your Mercedes-Benz from an Independent Retailer, your warranty may be valid for a different period of time. Your Mercedes-Benz Retailer will be able to provide full details.
What does the warranty cover?
Rest assured that all items on your vehicle, in its original state, as manufactured by Mercedes-Benz will be repaired under the warranty.
In these cases, Mercedes-Benz will arrange for the repair or the replacement of any parts necessary to get you moving again as quickly as possible at no charge.
Modifications made by Mercedes-Benz before you purchased the vehicle, such as fitment of Mercedes-Benz Genuine Accessories, will be subject to different warranty arrangements. Please see the Accessories Warranty section for more details.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts come with a two-year warranty from the date of purchase.
Any Mercedes-Benz parts replaced within the warranty period are covered until the end of that existing warranty period. Any part replaced becomes the property of Mercedes-Benz.
Mercedes-Benz Genuine Accessories ordered and included within the purchase price of the car (items listed on the same invoice) are covered within the car’s three-year warranty.
However, items supplied and fitted by a Mercedes-Benz Retailer after the vehicle order, come with a two-year warranty, from the date of purchase.
Where are you covered, geographically?
Wherever you are in the world, you will have the peace of mind that your vehicle is covered for two years by Mercedes-Benz worldwide warranty within a Mercedes-Benz Retailer.
What does the warranty not cover?
While this warranty covers repairs due to manufacturing faults, it does not cover any costs of maintenance, servicing, or accidental damage, including costs of replacing items that need replacing due to natural wear and tear.
The cost of any related expenses or losses caused by the fault are not covered either. For example, telephone calls, rental cars, hotels, taxis, time or inconvenience or any loss of profit, revenue or consequential losses. You may, however, be able to claim such expenses under our Roadside Assistance package, Mercedes-Benz Mobilo.
There are a number of policy exclusions you should also be aware of. For example:
- Not responding correctly to any warning lights in the vehicle that appear on the dashboard information system
- Misuse of the vehicle – including not driving it in accordance with the instructions in the owner’s manual, driving at excessive speeds or engaging in motor sports
- Failure to service or maintain the vehicle according to the requirements as stipulated within the manufacturer’s guidelines or at the intervals defined within the owner’s manual
- If servicing outside of a Mercedes-Benz Retailer, the maintenance or repairs are not performed correctly
- If the faults are caused by any modification, body-work alterations or fitting of an accessory to the original Mercedes-Benz after its manufacture. These items may be covered by a different warranty. Please ask the Mercedes-Benz Retailer to confirm the cover for these items
- If failure is a result of normal wear and tear on items such as spark plugs, wiper blades, lubricants, brake pads, brake discs, clutches and tyres
- If failures are caused by external influences such as tree sap, storms, or other environmental impacts, or from events such as salt water ingress, accident damage, vandalism or war. In addition, this warranty does not cover damage to glass, except in the event of a stress fracture.
- Any vehicle that has been declared a write-off will not be eligible for warranty.
Our priority is to get you back on the road as quickly and effortlessly as we can. Following these steps will ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible:
- Notify a Mercedes-Benz Retailer as soon as you notice any problem that may be due to a manufacturing fault.
- Allow the Mercedes-Benz Retailer to fully inspect the vehicle as they may not be able to diagnose all problems with a single inspection.
- Your Mercedes-Benz Retailer will also need to see your vehicle’s service and repair history to ensure the problem is not caused by incorrect service or repair work.
- Any repair work has to be carried out by a Mercedes-Benz Retailer, and any parts used must be supplied by Mercedes-Benz. This allows us to reimburse the Mercedes-Benz Retailer directly.
- Any faulty parts that have been replaced as part of a warranty repair will become the property of Mercedes-Benz.
- This warranty is the only remedy available for Mercedes-Benz and the selling Retailer in respect to a warranted repair. Except for any personal injury or damage to property caused by the negligence of Mercedes-Benz or the selling Retailer, liability for any other forms of loss is excluded.
- This warranty replaces all other terms implied by law and any other liability arising at law in respect to the quality of the vehicle, against both Mercedes-Benz and the selling Retailer. Any such terms or liabilities are therefore excluded providing exclusion is not prohibited or negated by law.
- The terms of your Mercedes-Benz warranty are in addition to your statutory rights as a consumer under a contract of sale.
- Providing warranty conditions have been followed, any unexpired warranty may be transferred to new owners of your vehicle.
- These warranty terms apply to all Mercedes-Benz vehicles registered on or after 1st January 1999. Mercedes-Benz reserves the right to modify or amend these warranty terms without notice.