Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mercedes has been trailing its rivals Audi and BMW in sales, but Mercedes can give itself a pat on the back because its sales figures are moving in the right direction. Mercedes-Benz' sales rose by 20% in the month of July to 116,790 units. its competitors also enjoyed success with BMW seeing a 14% growth in sales and Audi seeing a 10% growth in sales. Mercedes' big numbers are thanks in part to the success of the A-Class hatchback, B-Class, and CLA coupe, which all saw close to double the amount of sales in July when compared to June.

I find the sales race between Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz very interesting. Mercedes is gaining on its competitors and it also plans o be number 1 in a few years. I'm not sure it can do it though. I think BMW has the number 1 spot on lock down. It really is BMW's race to lose.

Could you see Mercedes pushing past Audi or BMW in the near future?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I can't say if any one of the companies will retain its position in the near future, but all of them are doing well right now as far as sales go. Since Mercedes is seeing the biggest growth i guess it is winning by one measure. I don't see Mercedes surpassing the sales numbers of BMW anytime soon, but the numbers would disagree with me. We will have to wait and see. Nothing like some friendly competition.

·
Registered
121 Posts
with cars like the CLA and GLA, mercedes will reach the top very soon
Don't you think such a prediction is premature as neither of those cars have been released yet? Even if we assume they are both going to be successful, we can't be sure of how successful they will be. Mercedes making some nice cars is great, but Audi and BMW are both doing the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts