Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes Benz CLA Fog Lights

Doesn't that look just beautiful. I wonder if its standard on any of the trims.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Since its Mercedes Im gonna guess it only comes with certain trim levels and you would have to pay for it. Especially The price point of the Mercedes CLA being so low I'd imagine we would have to pay for all these little accessories.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The photo you're showing is of the base headlamp assembly. Does anyone know how fog lights are handled in the Bi-Xenon/LED assembly? Does anyone also know anything about REAR Fog lamps???

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Cars with Xenon won't have front fog lights. Rear fog light(s)? It probably will have one and PLEASE don't use it unless visibility is under 50 metres. So many morons in German cars run with rear fog lights on in any weather. They'd all be arrested in Europe....:D

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Leds are a gift from god honestly. Using less energy but illuminates more brighter lights. Even now house hold ptlights are using LEDs. They should just throw down a mandate to rule out halogens to be released on new vehicles. Enough of those dim yellow lights.

·
Registered
945 Posts
seems like it uses a halogen bulb....not a fan. I hope the CLA 45 AMG gets better fog lights.

how about projector fog lights with HID's ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
seems like it uses a halogen bulb....not a fan. I hope the CLA 45 AMG gets better fog lights.

how about projector fog lights with HID's ;)
that would be nice if they were to introduce projectors in the fog lights high intensity bulbs. So imagine the cut off from your headlamp projectors and then you have a cut off from your fog lights.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The photo you're showing is of the base headlamp assembly. Does anyone know how fog lights are handled in the Bi-Xenon/LED assembly? Does anyone also know anything about REAR Fog lamps???

@lauwersp Did you end up solving your issue with Bi-Xenon/LED? Assuming you got your car by now?

Joe

·
Registered
507 Posts
Joe... I'm holding out for a CLA45 or a GLA45 so I haven't figured it out yet no.
Very different dimensions on that.. looking to maybe get the hatchback? I used to have an Acura that was a hatch, was amazing, obviously a different caliber of car... got a color pic?

Joe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very different dimensions on that.. looking to maybe get the hatchback? I used to have an Acura that was a hatch, was amazing, obviously a different caliber of car... got a color pic?

Joe
Yea... Looking for a little more room than the CLA has. I have a Jag X-Type now and I'd really prefer not to go SMALLER.

2015 Mercedes GLA45 AMG - Top Speed

It's a rendering but it's gonna be REALLY close

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yea... Looking for a little more room than the CLA has. I have a Jag X-Type now and I'd really prefer not to go SMALLER.

2015 Mercedes GLA45 AMG - Top Speed

It's a rendering but it's gonna be REALLY close

I've been following the GLA and my dealer buddies are excited about it. There's a good video on it here:

That's the most recent spy shots on it, it's a sweet car, just a dramatic difference IMO from the CLA and is really for those who just want the extra space. Honestly nothing like a hatchback when in the city and you don't want an SUV, but want the space.

EDIT: Sorry, not the exact same vehicle, but still the GLA is starting to look pretty nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts