Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes Benz CLA Harman Kardon Surround Sound System Specs

Does anyone have the specs to the Kardon Surround Sound System?

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Speakers

1 × 80 mm ALumaprene center speaker, in the instrument panel

4 × 43 mm tweeters, in the mirror sails and in the rear doors

2 × 80 mm ALumaprene midrange speakers, in the front doors

2 × 165 mm ALumaprene subwoofers, in the front doors

2 × 165 mm ALumaprene midwoofers, in the rear doors

2 × 80 mm ALumaprene surround midrange speaker, in the hat shelf

1 × 200 mm × 320 mm double voice-coil subwoofer, in the hat shelf

Amplifier Harman Kardon® high-performance DSP amplifier and booster with
610 watts total output (450 watts main amplifier + 160 watts booster)
and Logic 7® surround audio processing

Media and Formats

DVD-Audio (MLP, MLP 5.1, Dolby® Digital 5.1)*
DVD-Video (DTS® 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1, Linear PCM)**
Audio CD (DTS 5.1*, Linear PCM)
MP3 on CD (at least 128kbps)
These are the specs for the Harmon/Kardon Logic 7 Mecedes CLA ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone have experience with this kind of system? How is it? Is it standard on the Mercedes CLA? I don't see any writing on it for the package/options posting.

It seems like a powerful system.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The system sounds like it'll be a good one.
I wonder when/if dvd-audio will pick up and succeed CD audio.

·
Registered
43 Posts
with 14 speakers and 600+ watts of power, you can't go wrong here. it's tough to piece together your own clean and quality car audio setup. So going with this package is a great headache-free way to get the sound we want.

As good as it looks and sounds, I'll still need to hear it.

Music is a big thing for me so knowing that the tweeters bring out every little detail and the speakers and subwoofer pull out all the low and high bass will be selling points to me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not too big on sounds systems and would never spend extra to get it. but I just wonder how the stock sound system on the CLA will be. There are way too many cost for accessories from mercedes. That the only downfall i see but that means more money for them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have not seen any pricing or packages that mention the Harman Kardon system. It could be that this might not be available for the North American market. :(

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There isn't much info yet. We will have to wait and see. I've read that some US dealerships are getting CLAs for demos. Call your dealership and ask around.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Is it possible to watch a DVD video with this system?
I dont recall ever really seeing this feature available maybe they do but on the R class or G class. Too bad theirs not much information yet out on the entertainment unit itself at the moment. I would doubt this feature would exist on the CLA.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
How does Harmon Kardon compare to Bang & Olufsen in BMWs now. I always like HK myself but it seems like all these high end home theater sound system companies are signing up contracts with automobile manufacturers.

·
Registered
257 Posts
How does Harmon Kardon compare to Bang & Olufsen in BMWs now. I always like HK myself but it seems like all these high end home theater sound system companies are signing up contracts with automobile manufacturers.
Not too sure about Bang & Olufsen but all these sound systems are serious. High end audio for high end cars. It makes sense though, Bose won't be around for too long. Most likely be going down to Fords and Chevy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not too sure about Bang & Olufsen but all these sound systems are serious. High end audio for high end cars. It makes sense though, Bose won't be around for too long. Most likely be going down to Fords and Chevy.
BOSE will still be around for a while since they're offered in GM, Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. But they're not considered "high-end" anymore.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There are just so many superior audio companies out there offering better sound and quality. all these companies that once were just dwelling in the high end home audio world is slowly creeping in to vehicle sound systems.

·
Registered
166 Posts
For luxury or high end vehicle brand they want to promote the best from their company so It make sense to seek the best ones and fit it in to their vehicles. Using magnesium and kevlar in speaker components is just insane the cost especially.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Surround Sound

Does anyone know if this is a factory fit option only or whether I can get it fitted afterwards? I've got a CLA made already but would like to look into the possibility of adding this on.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd imagine it should be factory fitted.

Don't think most dealers have the know how to fit a different audio system in

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I'd imagine it should be factory fitted.

Don't think most dealers have the know how to fit a different audio system in

going to a professional car audio/video shop is probably your best bet, cost of labor won't be as much and you're dealing with people that do this for a living and not a whole bunch of things that at times require looking through a service manual.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I loved the HK audio in the BMWs and I suspect this will be similar.

HK, B&O, Mark Levinson--these are all considered higher end so they SHOULD sound better than the sound systems you'll find in say, a Buick Verano or a Honda Civic in comparison

Has anyone here actually with the CLA with the HK audio?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts