Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mercedes Benz CLA Interior Trim and Upholstery Fabric / Leather Color Colour Options

There seem to be 10 upholstery options. 2 options for fabric and 8 options for leather.

You can play with the mercedes-benz.de configurator HERE to see how each fabric options plays with each trim option.

Here are some examples of trim options and fabric options from the website. It's a little bit confusing because there are multiple grays and other colors but the difference is in the door trim color around the leather. There are also 3 options for black leather that seem to look the same. Just take a look at the configurator and you will see what I mean.

Upholstery

Fabric Options

• Artico Gray/Grey Fabric
  • Artico Black Fabric
Leather Options

• Crystal Gray/Grey Leather
  • Nut-Brown Leather
  • Black Leather
  • Artico Beige Leather + Black Trim
  • Artico Crystal Gray/Grey Leather + Black Trim
  • Artico Black Leather (not sure what the difference is with this and other black leather)
  • Artico Crystal Gray
  • Artico Black Leather (not sure what the difference is with this and other black leather)

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mercedes Benz CLA Interior Trim Color / Colour Material Options and Choices

Mercedes Benz CLA Interior Trim Color / Colour Material Options and Choices

There seem to be 4 trim options for the interior of the Mercedes CLA

Decorative Trim Options

• Gloss Black Ash Wood Trim

• Aluminum Trim (Trapezoid Designs)

• Black Trim

• Dark Walnut Trim

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you browse through the configuration model you will find that there are actually more interior options than the one you have posted. It looks like you only posted the base model CLA 180 trims.

Here are a few other trims and viewing angles from the AMG trim and others...

This seems to be a microfiber and leather mix

This trim has yellow stripes and yellow stitching all along the interior

These three are fabric and leather combinations with stripes running on the cushions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
very surprised to see mercedes still using wood trim on their interiors, especially on a car like the CLA. I'd expect to see this on a S-Class. They could have still went with wood trim, but making it a mix of piano black with wood grains for a modern and updated look

mercedes cla wood trim:

·
Registered
81 Posts
What would you suggest over the regular wood trim damastah?

Personally I am a hue fan of the Ash wood trim. I am likely going to opt for this trim

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Closeup of the CLA Interior Trim Options from the dealer ordering guide from Mercedes Benz USA for the CLA250 and CLA250 4Matic

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leather and fabric seat options on the Mercedes CLA from the dealer ordering guide from Mercedes Benz USA for the CLA250 and CLA250 4Matic

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I absolutely hate how the fabric seats look in the CLA. Its great for people that want the cheapest CLA that money can buy but for people that care about how a car looks and makes them feel every day when they drive it, fabric seats just don't cut it, especially in a 2013 Mercedes Benz!

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
What the US dealer info is calling "MB-Tex" is actually "Artico", which in the old B Class has proven to not be durable at all. It cracks and eventually multiple cracks appear in stress areas, usually after 1-2 years.

If buying a CLA, I strongly suggest you get leather.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've always heard that the fabric isnt durable at all. I would definitely get leather instead. Easier to clean as well.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
MB-Tex and Artico are the "fake leather" in the CLA, that comes as standard. To be avoided if you're keeping the car for over 2 years....

·
Registered
221 Posts
You are right. Someone should PM cfrp to tell him to add that to the post.

The Artico (or MB Tex in US) is garbage. I've seen how quickly it destroys itself.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I didn't know the Artico/MB Tex was really that bad. Looks like I'll have to spend more for the leather. How much will the leather cost over the fake leather fabric?

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts

Can you get this trim with the CLA250?
What trim is this or what is it called? i like everything about it except for the ripple in the seats, not my cup of tea really. The black leather and red stitching is right up my alley though. It gives the interior a subtle but sporty look perfect for the CLA.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Can you get this trim with the CLA250?
That trim looks very sporty. I actually like the ripples, it gives it a very unique look. But I'll hold off final judgement until I see a real photo instead of just a rendering. I would also like to know what that trim is, if anyone knows.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I think it's ugly, rather have the CLA edition one interior, IMO it looks far better and it being made for just one year is even more of a reason to get it. Not everyone will be able to have one, better get our own before we lose the chance!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts