Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes Benz CLA pricing was recently announced to start at $29 900 for the base model CLA, but what can we expect the other models and options to cost us?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
interested in seeing the CLA AMG model and my best guess is around 47 000 - 50 000 for the AMG trim.

anything higher and i'll have to consider a C63 AMG instead.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
what should we expect the CLA "Edition 1" package price markup to be cause i'm thinking it'll be within the $1000-2000 price range, more close to $1500.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
interested in seeing the CLA AMG model and my best guess is around 47 000 - 50 000 for the AMG trim.

anything higher and i'll have to consider a C63 AMG instead.
I hoping for the CLA AMG 45 to be under 45,000. for just this entry level sedan i wouldnt think it would inflate their price to a C63 AMG. Used c63AMGs go for around 40,000.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If America does get the CLA180 and CLA200 (I doubt we'll get the CLA220) but how much would those cost? Mid-$20k's? Only seems right seeing the CLA250 is at $29 900.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have contacted 3 dealerships in the New Hampshire and Massachusetts area, all 3 have told me they do not have pricing on options or packages yet for the CLA250. I was told I could leave a deposit, one dealer asking for 2000.00 (seems more like a down payment to me) which I am not doing at this stage of the game, it’s to soon to lose the bargaining power and limit myself to one dealership.. Sooooo I wait...........

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have contacted 3 dealerships in the New Hampshire and Massachusetts area, all 3 have told me they do not have pricing on options or packages yet for the CLA250. I was told I could leave a deposit, one dealer asking for 2000.00 (seems more like a down payment to me) which I am not doing at this stage of the game, it’s to soon to lose the bargaining power and limit myself to one dealership.. Sooooo I wait...........
They have to be crazy to ask for a $2000 deposit, at most they should be charging $1000.
You should try going to a number of different Mercedes dealerships or even calling to them find out what their deposit is, probably starting with the other 2 you didn't get a deposit amount from.

Which Mercedes dealer told you you had to put down $2000?

·
Registered
68 Posts
They have to be crazy to ask for a $2000 deposit, at most they should be charging $1000.
You should try going to a number of different Mercedes dealerships or even calling to them find out what their deposit is, probably starting with the other 2 you didn't get a deposit amount from.

Which Mercedes dealer told you you had to put down $2000?
Flagship Motorcars
Mercedes-Benz & Sprinter
385 Broadway Rt. 1N
Lynnfield, MA 01940
Google and Yelp reviews of this dealership are questionable....

Kind of makes me wonder what kind of treatment the gen Y car buyer will receive. Just that all of these dealerships and sales people are accustomed to working with buyers who don't blink an eye at a 60 -120k + vehicle. That's probably going to be a big adjustment at the dealerships that they will need to be sensitive of.. That's just my opinion tho..

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Flagship Motorcars
Mercedes-Benz & Sprinter
385 Broadway Rt. 1N
Lynnfield, MA 01940

Kind of makes me wonder what kind of treatment the gen Y car buyer will receive. Just that all of these dealerships and sales people are accustomed to working with buyers who don't blink an eye at a 60 -120k + vehicle. That's probably going to be a big adjustment at the dealerships that they will need to be sensitive of.. That's just my opinion tho..
You're not alone on this and that dealership isn't the only one that has that kind of attitude. Back in 2003 my father walked into our local MB dealer to buy an E-Class. He said when he was there he got the sense that the salesmen didn't think he was going to buy a car and that he was just looking around. My father did end up buying an E-Class from them anyway with cash. I plan to go to the same dealership to check out the CLA. If I get that same sense I'm going to give them a piece of my mind and leave. There are no less than half a dozen MB dealers within a 50-mile radius of where I live and I have no problems telling them I'm going to one of their competitors to get more respect.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I contacted Mercedes Benz USA via email concerning the capability of dealerships within my area (NC) to actually pre-order the CLA. I was called by a rep from MB USA and she advised me that all dealerships worldwide have the capability to pre-order the CLA.

Additionally, she mentioned that each dealership is responsible for running their own daily operations and that MB USA does not dictate the amount consumers are required to tender as a deposit with the pre-order.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Only issue is make sure if you preorder (deposit) that it is refundable.

If the dealer knows your deposit is non refundable you will have 0 chance at getting any sort of deal. That is if deals will be given at all in the first place..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any long time and or new MB owners that can offer any info on MB dealer holdbacks, loyalty incentives, incentives for changing brands?

This info seems to be a well kept secret...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any long time and or new MB owners that can offer any info on MB dealer holdbacks, loyalty incentives, incentives for changing brands?

This info seems to be a well kept secret...
It'd be great if we had some dealers on here who can give us some info. I've been to a few other boards like Ford and Honda, and there is usually a representative on there.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
You mean incentives for staying with the brand right?

Don't know why Mercedes would give you incentives to CHANGE brands haha.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Incentive to change to MB, not from. I've seen other manufacturers offer special incentives who were previous owners of their competitors cars switch over to one of their cars.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You mean incentives for staying with the brand right?

No, I mean insentive to change TO the MB brand. I beleive MB may have called or still does call it the Competitor Conquest Program.
The discount will vary depending on the vehicle class. C class might offer 1000.00 incentive. E Class 1500-2000 incentive as an example.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No, I mean insentive to change TO the MB brand. I beleive MB may have called or still does call it the Competitor Conquest Program.
The discount will vary depending on the vehicle class. C class might offer 1000.00 incentive. E Class 1500-2000 incentive as an example.
This is info I found on the program from last year..
Mercedes Benz Competitor Conquest Program – Save up to $4,000 on New Mercedes Vehicles! Open to Just about Every Competing Make During March 2012! | Dave Knows Cars

·
Registered
6 Posts
Flagship Motorcars
Mercedes-Benz & Sprinter
385 Broadway Rt. 1N
Lynnfield, MA 01940

I am a gen y and they treated me like crap. The were rude and quite frankly, I dont mind traveling 100 miles to order from a different dealer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am a gen y and they treated me like crap. The were rude and quite frankly, I dont mind traveling 100 miles to order from a different dealer.
Sorry to hear that.
Mercedes Benz (excuse the expression) is going to have to sell the **** off the CLA 250 and CLA45 to make it a success. So take your money to a place that you feel comfortable.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah don't take that crap from dealerships that do that, cause if they are like that to you now, just imagine what they will be like when you have problems with the car, better to find a dealership that does what they are suppose to do

1 - 20 of 22 Posts