Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Mercedes-Benz CLA debuted to much acclaim, looking gorgeous while sporting a very attractive price tag.

So it’s no real surprise that the German automaker is already considering expanding the CLA lineup, and the first model in the pipeline will be a CLA Shooting Brake variant. According to Mercedes-Benz design chief, Gordon Wagener, the shooting brake model would complement the CLA’s lineup and is almost a no brainer for the automaker.

“The CLA is a four-door coupe as well, so why not do it?” Wagener said in an interview with WhatCar? No time table was given as to when the CLA Shooting Brake will make its debut or whether it’ll be heading to America.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Happy to hear a CLA wagon will be produced, I just wonder what production numbers will be like and what the demand is like for a compact luxury/sport wagon.

Would be awesome if they could make a CLA Coupe as well. That might help fill in the gap Acura left when they stopped producing the Acura CL.

·
Registered
238 Posts
A CLA wagon would be nice to get the wagon trend to North America. I don't think American are aware of just how practical a wagon could be and the styling of one could take some time getting use to but compared to the conventional wood panel station wagon its way different.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A CLA wagon would be nice to get the wagon trend to North America. I don't think American are aware of just how practical a wagon could be and the styling of one could take some time getting use to but compared to the conventional wood panel station wagon its way different.
Only thing is that the whole wagon crowd, that want a luxurious wagon has already bought a Mercedes B Class. Plus I usually find that anyone that buys a shooting brake type of vehicle ends up buying it cause they thought it was cool and unique and not for how it can serve them differently from it's sedan version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts