Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets look at this size wise, I believe most of us have been operating off the assumption that the CLA must be smaller than the C class because its cheaper. Perfect logic, NOT.

FULL DIMENSIONS:

CLA

Length: 4,630 mm
Width: 2,032 mm
Height: 1,436 mm
Wheelbase: 2,700 mm
Trunk Capacity: 470 L
Curbweight: 1,480 kg

C-class

Length: 4,531 mm
Width: 2,008 mm
Height: 1,444 mm
Wheelbase: 2,760 mm
Trunk Capacity: 475 L
Curbweight: 1,506 kg

The CLA is longer and wider than the current C-class, yet its swoopy roofline sits a razor blade lower than the CLA, trunk capacity it relatively similar, as well as weight...

Now where this gets interesting is that becasue the C-class is in its last year before redesign deals are going to be available, why not get yourself into a similarly sized C-class and have yourself RWD....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because the C-Class doesn't look as good. I've never been a fan of Mercedes until the CLA was released and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If I had to have RWD I would rather have a better looking 3 Series then a C-Class and BMW has great incentives on the 2013's.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I wouldn't buy something that is going to replaced in a few months. The C class already looks like a dinosaur.
I used to think it looked like a warthog, but now it is a 'virtually' extinct version. While the CLA takes all the good lines of the CLS, and loses the bad ones.

The new C Class (2015?) may well end up a better car, but it ain't gonna be as pretty.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
the C class always had a mature look to it but it can also suffer from being dated faster. The CLA takes from the CLS, with those fine lines and curves it will last for a while in the style department.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I think people are talking about the interior space mostly.

There seems to be this mysterious assumption that the C class interior is very roomy.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so you guys would rather buy a worse car, with less space because it looks cool? Thank you for summing up the CLA...

And if im going beemer im going 2er, the 3 has been ruined. 2 series is the new 3 series, really a reincarnate of the e36 days

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why is the CLA less of a car compared to the C class? :confused:
well, where should we start?

C class is RWD for one... V6 for another....

dimensionally they are quite similar, but the CLAs rear seat is unusable to anyone over 5 foot 5...

And the fact that everyone is going to abandon the C-class for the CLA makes it that much more unique

·
Registered
2 Posts
cla vs c class

Remember the price point, $29,900. There are going to be some areas of the CLA that are not up to the same quality level as the C Class.
The CLA is a fantastic car, but the C Class is a superior quality product compared to the new CLA. Style over substance. Just an opinion.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Because the C-Class doesn't look as good. I've never been a fan of Mercedes until the CLA was released and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If I had to have RWD I would rather have a better looking 3 Series then a C-Class and BMW has great incentives on the 2013's.

@FirstBenz Some of the older mercedes were nice, but I used to be more of a fan of the older Benz SUV's until the CLA came out. Did you end up getting a 3-series or did you get a CLA?

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
@FirstBenz Some of the older mercedes were nice, but I used to be more of a fan of the older Benz SUV's until the CLA came out. Did you end up getting a 3-series or did you get a CLA?

Joe
I ended up with a BMW 328I. I loved the design of the CLA but after test driving both it was a no brainer for me.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I ended up with a BMW 328I. I loved the design of the CLA but after test driving both it was a no brainer for me.
Nice, a new one? Would love to see pics.. I'm a big BMW fan (used to have a BMW 330xi). What year did you get, 2014?

What made it a no brainer in your book, what swayed you.. was it the road test those addicts at BMW give you that make you want to hand your credit card over half way through? SIGN ME UP i remember saying... I ended up regretting it 3 years later (long story) but interested to hear why you went with BMW after all that. Big price tag difference no?
:eek:
Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice, a new one? Would love to see pics.. I'm a big BMW fan (used to have a BMW 330xi). What year did you get, 2014?

What made it a no brainer in your book, what swayed you.. was it the road test those addicts at BMW give you that make you want to hand your credit card over half way through? SIGN ME UP i remember saying... I ended up regretting it 3 years later (long story) but interested to hear why you went with BMW after all that. Big price tag difference no?
:eek:
Joe
I picked up a 2012 Modern Line loaner which was pretty loaded. My initial plan was to look at a 2014 320I but they had 328I loaners for sale which had low miles along with a significant discount off MSRP so I went with that instead. I based my decision on which vehicle I had more fun driving along with how well a car seat would fit in the rear.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I picked up a 2012 Modern Line loaner which was pretty loaded. My initial plan was to look at a 2014 320I but they had 328I loaners for sale which had low miles along with a significant discount off MSRP so I went with that instead. I based my decision on which vehicle I had more fun driving along with how well a car seat would fit in the rear.

Sweet looking nose on that bimmer!

Lisa

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same as
Me no MB until CLA The car brought me to my knees no complains almost 400 miles !!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts