Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any experience with the Drive Kit Plus for Mercedes? It is on the accessory list for the CLA, but currently the price is TBD. Any ideas on how much it will cost and if it is worth it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with the Drive Kit Plus, but I have read up on it.

It is exclusive for the Apple Iphone 4/4S, but I'm sure it will have Iphone 5/5s compatibility when the CLA comes out. Sorry Android owners.

Here's a video of a small demo of the Drive Kit Plus features for the A-Class. I don't think it will be any different for the CLA.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here's their official website. There are some pretty good information about the features there as well.

When the iphone is connected, you also have access to an App called Digital DriveStyle.

Here is some information I gathered on the mercedes site about both the Drive Kit Plus and Digital Drive Style

Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone® [1]
With the "Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®", your iPhone® 4/4S is comprehensively integrated
in the A-Class. It is integrated through the interaction of the
Mercedes-Benz app called "Digital DriveStyle" with the "Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®" interface in the vehicle, where the iPhone® is connected and charged.
The "Digital DriveStyle" app is available free of charge at the iTunes® App Store [2]. In the app, extensive functions are seamlessly integrated in the new revolutionary user interface and shown on the vehicle display [3] . With the iPhone® connected, the "Digital DriveStyle" app is reliably and conveniently controlled via the ergonomically designed Controller.

Some of the functions of the "Digital DriveStyle" app:

Advanced navigation solution from Garmin® with web-based real-time traffic information, Points of Interest search and 3D map presentation.
Local search function powered by Google™ of Points of Interest with StreetView™ and destination transfer to Navigation.
AUPEO!™ Personal Radio with individual music programming.
Internet radio with national and international stations.
Access to the track titles stored in your iPhone®.
Facebook® Feeds and Twitter® Tweets from friends are read out aloud[4].
Socially interactive experience through sharing and posting, e.g. the title of the song currently playing or of the navigation destination on Facebook® and Twitter®.
Glympse™: Communicate to your friends - in real-time - your current location, your vehicle speed and estimated time of arrival.
Intuitive CarFinder with automatic storing of vehicle location on iPhone®. By means of the integrated pedestrian navigation function in the iPhone® it is possible to find one's vehicle conveniently.

·
Registered
945 Posts
With CLA's expected to be out in the masses the Intuitive CarFinder with automatic storing of vehicle location on iPhone is a must. Plus sometimes I forget where exactly I park especially when it's in a huge parking lot, like at a stadium or something along those lines.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wouldn't be too quick to order Drive Kit Plus when buying my CLA. I'm sure it's an option that you can get at anytime after purchase.

Apple is making plans to make the iphone integrate with all cars and their infotainment systems with the release of their ios7. So I would keep my head up on that one. It could making the Drive Kit Plus redundant and worse of all pay you could pay for something that's free.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know the digital drivestyle app is free on the app store. But I can't seem to find how much the Drive Kit Plus costs. I know for sure that there will be installation costs, which is done at the dealership.

·
Registered
945 Posts
BTW I was looking at the drive kit plus again and noticed it said it's for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s, what about the new iPhone 5?
I don't see why they should be limiting the system to iPhone 4 & 4s, this system should be iPhone 5 and up compatible.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Forget the iPhones, what about Android phones? There are just as many, if not more, Android phones out there than iPhones. Because of this they will lose at least one customer (me) for this kit as I would get it if it was available for Android phones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gents, I buy new CLA few days ago, but without Drive Kit Plus. I have Becker navigation pre kit only. What I need to purchase to use Drive Kit for Iphone in full. ( twiter, navigation etc ), what is a price and can this be installed. Appreciated quick response.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Apple is releasing the new ios 7 in the fall. They announced a new feature called ios in the car. It links the iphone to the car's infotainment system and let's you manipulate navigation, messaging, among other functions. Mercedes is one of 14 automakers involved so far.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Apple is releasing the new ios 7 in the fall. They announced a new feature called ios in the car. It links the iphone to the car's infotainment system and let's you manipulate navigation, messaging, among other functions. Mercedes is one of 14 automakers involved so far.
No wireless charging?

If they didn't, it would be great if they did. I can see a big demand for that as it's much easier to rest your phone on a pad than mess around with a cable in your car that can at times get in the way of things like the shifter.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I believe they have wireless chargers that plug into the accessory outlet that you can place somewhere in the car. Personally I've tried wireless charging and I find it to charge too slow. I just plug it in. It's much quicker.

Usually when I charge in the car I'm charging in a pinch so I want it to charge as quickly as possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts