Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes-Benz imagines seamless door-to-door directions with Google Glass

According to a report in the Silicon Valley Business Journal, the automotive company is working on a Google Glass project that combines both pedestrian and automotive directions to take a user literally from door to door. MBRDNA President and CEO Johann Jungwirth told the publication that he wants Glass to seamlessly transition between walking and in-car navigation.

·
Registered
945 Posts
this is a great feature to have since people will be making the google glass and any other like it something they wear all day. This needs to be either a cheap or free APP for MB drivers.

·
Registered
238 Posts
there has been a lot of talk about this google glass piece lately its good to see how every one is coming together to make it work for almost anything. It is a little soon for it to be used for everything but given the time I could see this piece be as important like a cell phone.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
the great thing with this is that it's not some tech that's complicated enough that it will be limited to high end models, i can see this launching for all MB models at once.

another thing for mercedes to consider is having the rights to have a special mercedes benz google glass to act as just not a functional piece but to act as a fashion accessory. the google glass just looks boring, im sure the mercedes design studio can improve it

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I don't have a clue how it would tie in to cars but maybe it would be sync'd to the cars information. And have a hud like display within the glasses that only the driver can see...

·
Registered
121 Posts
You drive your car to the parking lot where your destination is, but it is a university campus and you still have some walking to do. You get out of your car with the Google Glass on and it has walking directions ready for you so that you get complete directions both walking and driving to your destination without having to re-enter the address on another device.

not sure about the Mercedes-Benz designed Google Glass though. I would see other companies taking a stab at designing for the Google Glass before car companies. I also think that these tech companies make their devices as simple and mass market as possible in the design department. I think the Google Glass is something that people will want to be as close to invisible as possible, not all decorated and flashy.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
wouldn't it be more useful if people integrated google glasses to the navigation in the car?

is that what we are getting at here?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I looked into the google glasses more. man those things are ugly. I think Mercedes should concentrate on just integrating cellphones more rather then these glasses. I don't think they will be that popular.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I looked into the google glasses more. man those things are ugly. I think Mercedes should concentrate on just integrating cellphones more rather then these glasses. I don't think they will be that popular.
yeah they should hold off on it for now
it's probably best if they wait for a lot of the public to use these devices then eventually start to integrate them with in-car systems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts