Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Mercedes-Benz S-Class is meant to make people "oooo" and "ahhh." But those reactions could be for the right or wrong reasons. The new S-Class' 47-Swarovski crystal headlights are a sight to behold, but I am of the opionion that they have crossed the line from flashy to trashy, like Donald Trump.

Beyond just looking gaudy, the crystals in the S-Class' headlights don't actually have anything to do with light production. Sure they refract the light, but it has nothing to do with the quality or intensity of the light emitted.

·
Registered
945 Posts
So far I think it looks cool but I would have to see it in person on the car. Any pictures of it on the S-Class in a full car shot?

·
Registered
23 Posts
An apt comparison to The Donald. Hope it won't lead MB into bankruptcy, which is The Donald's primary claim to fame.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't like it. Too much bling and trying too hard. It's garish. But then again, I think the same of the regular CLA's reflective grille.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Too flashy. I can see people stealing the them off the cars. Too inviting to the scumbags out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts