Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
LOL. Hm I have nothing to do.. Kind of want to spend 100k. Lets buy a Mercedes! (meanwhile its 4am in the morning and I'm in my underwear sitting in bed)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It might be more about avoiding salespeople at any level. As a commission salesman, I know we can be mistrusted, reviled, and seen as barely a cut above congressmen...

·
Registered
313 Posts
or if you know what you want why go into the dealer?

No, selling cars online is not why Mercedes has pulled ahead. Selling online is just another venue, it doesn't capture extra sales. What does generate extra conversions is selling a Mercedes for $30K...

How many of you would of own a Benz right now if it wasn't CLA?

Think about it...

·
Registered
437 Posts
or if you know what you want why go into the dealer?

No, selling cars online is not why Mercedes has pulled ahead. Selling online is just another venue, it doesn't capture extra sales. What does generate extra conversions is selling a Mercedes for $30K...

How many of you would of own a Benz right now if it wasn't CLA?

Think about it...
I would. And because Mercedes offered the CLA, they lost >10k off of me that they would have had since I would've bought a C63. But yeah, the reason Mercedes is ahead is because of the baby Merc, not (German only) online sales. Especially German since they along with VW/Porsche/Audi/Skoda/Bentley/Lamborghini/Seat/the 20 other brands under that umbrella own that market.

Well, I don't technically own a Merc right now . . . because they're so slowwwwwww . . .

·
Registered
57 Posts
as far as online sales for cars, it wont happen. for mercedes atleast. theres too many options that can be added to a mercedes to make it personal. and the website clearly said that you cant customize a car. you take what they offer pretty much.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I would. And because Mercedes offered the CLA, they lost >10k off of me that they would have had since I would've bought a C63. But yeah, the reason Mercedes is ahead is because of the baby Merc, not (German only) online sales. Especially German since they along with VW/Porsche/Audi/Skoda/Bentley/Lamborghini/Seat/the 20 other brands under that umbrella own that market.

Well, I don't technically own a Merc right now . . . because they're so slowwwwwww . . .
Understood.

By no means is what i just said a broad generalization of every CLA owner but you can see what I was trying to get at...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts