Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most likely the last model to be built on the MFA (Modular Front Architecture) platform will be the Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake. It is set to debut sometime next year with the 2014 Paris Motor Show having the best chance at hosting the premiere.

Given that one of the main complaints with the original CLA was the lack of rear head room, the Shooting Brake version of the CLA should be a welcome alternative for many CLA enthusiasts. The Shooting Brake CLA will have a larger trunk and a rear hatch. These changes will likely make the Shooting Brake CLA steal some sales from the GLA crossover, which Mercedes-Benz recently debuted.

The icing on the cake is that the Shooting Brake CLA will not be sold in the United States. Mercedes-Benz says that the US market has clearly replaced all wagons, be them sporty, sexy, or utilitarian, with SUVs in the last few decades.

Check out this rendering too!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I also found these actual photos of the Shooting Brake CLA test driving. Enjoy!

I think those are pictures of the CLS Shooting Brake, not the CLA.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yea, I was thinking that it looked really long. The first picture is the CLA Shooting Brake though. I think it looks pretty good. I could even see that selling in the US. Should make for more head room for the rear passengers too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts