Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first episode in 2013 we got the new Mercedes CLA 250 with AMG Package.

Because of some User requests, we drove the CLA vs a GTI MK6 because both have nearly the same Engine 211PS and 350NM. This we did instead only acceleration Videos from inside.

If you have any favourites for 2013 just send us an mail and we try to test the car.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Too bad it wasn't a CLA45 AMG and just a CLA250, if it was a CLA45 AMG the Golf GTI would of gotten smoked like crazy, still a good run, the CLA250 kept up nicely.

How bad/good the CLA did here also depends on the drivers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The CLA250 has 211hp versus the GTI's 217hp, which is about even and is a fair race. The 45AMG has 355hp. It would absolutely destroy the GTI.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
For the first episode in 2013 we got the new Mercedes CLA 250 with AMG Package.

Because of some User requests, we drove the CLA vs a GTI MK6 because both have nearly the same Engine 211PS and 350NM. This we did instead only acceleration Videos from inside.

If you have any favourites for 2013 just send us an mail and we try to test the car.

Review Mercedes CLA 250 AMG vs Golf VI GTI - Race / Acceleration on the Autobahn Sport 0 - 250 Kmh - YouTube
Thanks.

Not a bad race between the two, I expected the GTI to win anyways because its only the CLA 250. If it was a CLA 45 AMG then it would of turned out completely different.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Now if the CLA had minor performance upgrades that would of been good. It wasn't that bad for the CLA. The most chance it had was from the 100-200km race but the GTI was still slowly pulling away.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The CLA250 has 211hp versus the GTI's 217hp, which is about even and is a fair race. The 45AMG has 355hp. It would absolutely destroy the GTI.
Exactly, also a reason why I mentioned it depends on the drivers. Plus im not sure at what RPM range these cars make their 211 and 217 horsepower at but which ever one makes it at a lower RPM range will get a nice head start. Curious which one has better top end performance, any idea?

·
Registered
166 Posts
From what I could see from the radio the GTI's power band seems to be at the low-mid range. The CLA is from mid-high range where it suffered from the race. I think with some slight mods it has better potential.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I can't wait to see how the CLA 45 AMG does for these kinds of races just to get a baseline of how fast one would be. The CLA 45 AMG would have smoked this GTI badly. Just for shits and giggles I would like to see how the CLA 45 AMG does against the Audi R8.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Just for shits and giggles I would like to see how the CLA 45 AMG does against the Audi R8.
Funny I thought the same thing this morning on my way to work when I was passed by a white R8.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good race. I've actually been thinking of buying a GTI instead. I'm pretty impressed by the Golf when it comes to performance and practicality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts