Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For comparison sake lets imagine we can get A class cars here. Because I personally liked them which is what lead me to the CLA.

From what i know the CLA is based off the A class. How do you think they compare for value?

It would likely be the CLA 180 vs the A180 (CDI and Blue Efficiency Versions)

The A 200 would compete with the CLA 200 - of course in all the versions

A 220 CDI vs CLA 220 CDI

and last but not least the

A 250 vs the CLA 250 in all the versions.

There is an AMG engineered version of the A 250 but it's the same motor as the regular A 250. The A class transmission also seems to be similar to the new CLA layout where manual is standard up to the 250 where the 7 speed auto likely takes over.

Of course we can't even begin to compare the CLA 45 AMG.. Twin turbo 4 cylinder making 350hp and 332 lbs of torque... All in weighing around 3000-3500 lbs or 1400kg to 1600kg.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to show some of the similarities of the A class vs the CLA.

Here are some A 250s

And of course a CLA

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think it is very fair to say that the CLA is basically an A class in a sedan form.

They are similar with the exception of the 45 AMG which I am really looking forward to.

The CLA is made using parts from the A class.

I think the Sedan looks much nicer. The europeans will be jealous.

·
Registered
134 Posts
To tell you the truth. I'm kind of jealous of the Europeans by looking at those A Series pictures. That is a really sexy looking hatch and this is coming from a guy who doesn't like hatchbacks. I'm hoping at the not too far future Mercedes decides to offer the A series here or even a CLA branded hatchback version.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
In north america the mercedes b series is the closest hatch back we have to the A class. Aside from the looks and shape of the exterior, its a grat car quite peppy for what it is too.

Too bad Mercedes did add the A class in their roster in the U.S. I can see a lot of hatch back junkies go for it. I love the look and I believe it shares the same sexy interior as the CLA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts