Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The CLA looks evil in black. :) All show no go though.
German tuner Piecha Design has taken on a hard challenge, making Mercedes-Benz's brand new compact four-door coupe look better.

The project started out with the best stock car possible, the CLA 250 fitted with the Sport cosmetic package. This was later enhanced by adding a new front chin spoiler at the front, a diffuser at the back and some matte silver air spitters for the bumper. PIecha also made a trunk spoiler specifically for this car.

To help the 2-liter turbo engine breathe better and to show off the CLA's new-found sportiness, four massive 90mm tailpipes dominate the rear quarters.

The finishing touch is a set of 10-spoke alloy wheels wrapped in sticky rubber complete the makeover. These small changes have made a difference and are sure to find buyers among the younger Mercedes customers who are going for the CLA.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm not really feeling this body kit. The agressive front end feels like it belongs on another car and not the CLA. The trunk spoiler doesn't look too bad IMO.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Love the aero kit, so far this is one of my favorite Mercedes CLA body kits out at the moment. it's missing one thing though, and that is a 3rd brake light in the diffuser.

as you guys can see it can easily fit a rear brake light in the center.

example of how the CLA diffuser could look with a brake light:

·
Registered
166 Posts
sorry the rest of the photos are here!

Mercedes CLA GT-R by Piecha Design Gallery

Quad tip
I like everything about this CLA but the wheels and trunk spoiler. For such a round rear end the spoiler to me was not a good garnish piece for looks. And the rear window spoiler is not my cup of tea either. But the front end is really nice I like how it adds a subtle aggressiveness to it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Love the aero kit, so far this is one of my favorite Mercedes CLA body kits out at the moment. it's missing one thing though, and that is a 3rd brake light in the diffuser.

as you guys can see it can easily fit a rear brake light in the center.

example of how the CLA diffuser could look with a brake light:
The light in the bottom is a what they would call a foglight but for the rear end so that vehicles can still see you up front. Not sure how effective it is since most of those are kept in Europe. I like the overall kit. I would like it without the rear decklid spoiler and just keep the one up top.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I have never heard of Piecha Design before but it looks great the aero kit on the exterior matches the CLA just right not too much. The rear bumper with the diffuser is my favorite. the wheels are nice too. Any clue on whether there was any performance upgrades from Piecha or are they strictly just cosmetics?

·
Registered
238 Posts
This CLA looks the part but sadly no performance upgrades. It probably won't be cheap to get these part either. You will most likely have to go to Brabus to do some minor ecu upgrades to back up the aggressive look.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This CLA looks the part but sadly no performance upgrades. It probably won't be cheap to get these part either. You will most likely have to go to Brabus to do some minor ecu upgrades to back up the aggressive look.
This is why I feel the body kit doesn't match. The lack of performance increases doesn't merit the aggressive look that Piecha went for. Maybe with some increases in HP and a tuned suspension, maybe it will match.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is why I feel the body kit doesn't match. The lack of performance increases doesn't merit the aggressive look that Piecha went for. Maybe with some increases in HP and a tuned suspension, maybe it will match.
On the 250 maybe not, but this package would go nicely with the 45 AMG. 350hp deserves something a bit more aggressive in look.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
On the 250 maybe not, but this package would go nicely with the 45 AMG. 350hp deserves something a bit more aggressive in look.
Yeah I with you on that one this kit would suit the CLA 45 aMG better since it has the speed and performance to back it up. If this kit was on the CLA 250 it would suit the phrase all show and no go better.

·
Registered
257 Posts
We are dealing with a company that just deals with the exterior garnishes, aren't you guys a little too harsh on the CLA 250. It has potential to make more power maybe not from this company but it could still sport this kit with out a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not really feeling this body kit. The agressive front end feels like it belongs on another car and not the CLA. The trunk spoiler doesn't look too bad IMO.
Yeah I was thinking the same! But if I ever did get this kit I would definitely paints the rims to match the car colour (like gloss black) and highlight some parts with carbon fiber like the rear diffuser. That would make the kit for me ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't think this body kit is bad. The problem I have iwth it is that it looks like a body kit on a car that really doesn't deserve it. You'd need to spend some money under the hood before you could warrant putting an aggressive body kit like this on the car IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Indeed. It does need more horsepower before it gets some sharp looks from this body kit. It will just be a matter of time till we see some power upgrades from some German shops but for now we still await the arrival of the CLa 250 in North America.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Indeed. It does need more horsepower before it gets some sharp looks from this body kit. It will just be a matter of time till we see some power upgrades from some German shops but for now we still await the arrival of the CLa 250 in North America.
Yup, unfortunately it takes a much longer time to develop engine parts than it does for exterior and interior stuff. I bet right now a bunch of aftermarket parts makers are developing stuff for the CLA.

If there will be any mercedes to have an extensive aftermarket line up, it will be the CLA!

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
to be honest this isn't even really a tuning kit.

That is just what they called it.

it's just a body kit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts