Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one of the 3 different CLA grille designs do you guys like the best and why?

Mercedes Concept Style Coupe Grille

Mercedes CLA Diamond Radiator Grille

Mercedes CLA45 AMG Grille Rendering

Mercedes A45 AMG Grille

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
grille from the CLA45 AMG rendering & A45 AMG production model look best to me, I just wish the black mesh behind the front bar and Mercedes emblem was darker

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Interesting how the A45 AMG doesn't have the diamond grill. I think it would look nice with the diamond grill. We still can't be sure if the CLA45AMG will have the A45 AMG grill.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Interesting how the A45 AMG doesn't have the diamond grill. I think it would look nice with the diamond grill. We still can't be sure if the CLA45AMG will have the A45 AMG grill.
The Diamond grille does look really good, much better than your typical grille that consist of just straight bars, I think the European CLA180/200/220 is like this. It would be awesome if Mercedes allowed grille options on AMG models but it seems to be a "it is what it is" thing with benz.

having the option between the diamond grille and A45 style grille is something they should consider.

·
Registered
134 Posts
One of the biggest criticisms I have about the CLA is that grille. I really do not like those dots. I would much prefer the blacked-out CLA45 grille.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
the only thing i could think of is if I had to get grime off each of them individually that would be a *****.

I would prefer this one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't think its that bad come on it is unique. You got to give credit to Mercedes or trying. I would get it actually but the AMG grille is just something else.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I give mercedes credit for trying to be unique which they always are. But diamond plate grilles is just a little too much for me. Maybe that would be more of a female preference I could see. But for me on the CLA i'll stick with the more straight edged conventional grille style.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Don't forget that the Diamond grille does come in a different finish for the CLA too. They offer it in black as well just to tone things down but still have the intricate details of the diamond shapes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe that the grille on the CLA 45 doesn't have the same appeal that the diamond grille has. Additionally, the grille on the CLA 45 will be tough to clean.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The CLA 45 has the same grille as the A 45--single double horizontal line and black mesh background.

I was told by my MB sales rep that the chrome diamond grille requires extensive hand assembly. Is that true?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts