Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mercedes CLA will offer 4 different trims and 4 different upholstry color options, either in MB-Tex or leather.

What trim and upholstry do you plan on getting? I plan to go with black ash wood and with black leather :)

* Leather upholstry $1200 Extra

·
Registered
92 Posts
Black on black is what I will probably do as well lol. But I don't know what MB-Tex is. Is it cotton? Or is leather worth the extra $1200?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I will be going with leather as well. Leather has better quality and will last longer. But I hear MB Tex isn't so bad.

I actually like all the trims offered. It's a question of which goes better with beige for me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Black on Brown is interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Not every trim and color is available on certain colors. You need to go through the configurator to figure it out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Black on Brown is interesting.
Oh why yes it is ;)

The Mercedes CLA will offer 4 different trims and 4 different upholstry color options, either in MB-Tex or leather.

What trim and upholstry do you plan on getting? I plan to go with black ash wood and with black leather :)

* Leather upholstry $1200 Extra
The most appealing would be the brown and black leather they should be the most durable in terms of stains too since they are darker in color.

·
Registered
945 Posts
brown leather interior with black ash wood trim is all me. It's one of the few interior color combinations that really click with me.

but now the tough part is what exterior color would complement it? what would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Brown trim on beige looks really nice. I'm not sure which Mercedes model this is though.

Image info says it's a Mercedes CLS, I knew it had to be some really high up Mercedes vehicle.

Unfortunately we won't get an interior theme like this, closest will be Beige MB, but from the above photo it doesn't come close

·
Registered
183 Posts
Has anyone sat in a Mercedes with MB-Tex, is it just like leather?
It kinda looks like leather but surely does not feel or patina as well as leather. It has a slight sheen and slick feeling unlike the matte texture and surface feel of real leather when new.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It kinda looks like leather but surely does not feel or patina as well as leather. It has a slight sheen and slick feeling unlike the matte texture and surface feel of real leather when new.
I was a little confused on what MB Tex was as well I'm guessing its a composite of materials which simulates leather but has more durability.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I read that MB-Tex is actually more durable than leather. Everything else is worse. It sticks, stiffer, less smooth and not as comfortable. And visually not as attractive.

·
Registered
238 Posts
From different opinions stated from mb tex owners it is an alternative to leather in mercedes but is more durable compared to leather. And I have heard that it was made to be a less expensive option than leather. I would love leather but down the road I don't want to have to deal with it cracking and having to repair it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
MB-tex is sometimes referred to as Artico leather in regions outside the U.S. I had it on my GL350 and had to buy sheepskin covers because I couldn't stand its feel, especially in the summer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well here's hoping the leather is $1200 worth better. But for anyone buying a Mercedes luxury car. It's pretty much mandatory. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think leather would be the best bet for the seats since we are more familiar with it. I like the look and feel of it. I will be going in to the Mercedes dealership anyways this weekend so I will have a test feel myself.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts